Root Canal on my front upper tooth

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Luis818

Root Canal on my front upper tooth

#1 Post by Luis818 »

I have a root canal on my upper front tooth. When I got my my braces put on last week on my doctor told me that due to me having a root canal he had to warn me that if my root canal root becomes to short he would have to stoptreatment and I would not be able to get braces. I want to know how truth that is. If so how likelly is it something like that to happen. Please any one answer my ?

:roll:
Thank you,

Luis

kirst1583

#2 Post by kirst1583 »

I knocked most of my front tooth out when I was in high school (I fainted and landed on concrete)... Not a pretty sight!!!
I had root canal and thought having a bracket put on it may have been a problem but the ortho said it wouldn't be an issue.
I've had no trouble with it at all and have been braced almost 3 yrs.
Only thing is that the tooth has got a lot darker since, so I can't wait to get them off and have it fixed and matching the others.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
I hope it all works out for you! :wink:

Chris

Re: Root Canal on my front upper tooth

#3 Post by Chris »

Luis818 wrote:I have a root canal on my upper front tooth. When I got my my braces put on last week on my doctor told me that due to me having a root canal he had to warn me that if my root canal root becomes to short he would have to stoptreatment and I would not be able to get braces. I want to know how truth that is. If so how likelly is it something like that to happen. Please any one answer my ?

:roll:
Thank you,

Luis
I don't get it; how can you have a "root" if you had a root canal which takes the roots out?
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

kirst1583

Re: Root Canal on my front upper tooth

#4 Post by kirst1583 »

Chris wrote:I don't get it; how can you have a "root" if you had a root canal which takes the roots out?
I didn't pick up on that fact cos I actually had no idea what a root canal was (but knew i'd had one)...
I just checked it out via google though and it seems you're right.

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

Here is a good one too:

http://www.animated-teeth.com/root_cana ... _canal.htm

I learn something new everyday on this board!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

jcdamon3

#6 Post by jcdamon3 »

Maryaten: I wasn't saying your post was wrong. Not sure what you last post is about really.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!