Gap in bottom teeth

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

starzin

Gap in bottom teeth

#1 Post by starzin »

I had Damon 3's put on approx 6 months ago.
I never had any gaps/spaces between my teeth.
Now I have a significant space in my bottom front tooth.
Everytime I ask my orthodontist about this, he just says "theyr'e moving".
How long do you think I will have this space until they move back to where they are supposed to be? I'm getting nervous about this.
Is it normal?
Thanks.

Whirliebird

#2 Post by Whirliebird »

Hi, well i'm not a doctor, but the same thing happened to me, and 12 months down the line my gap is finally closing, my ortho put a spring along the gap to pull the molars and the other teeth together.

My bottom teeth also had no crowding, and looked fine to me before braces but they had moved to match the old top teeth, and when the braces moved the top ones, my braces on the bottom teeth opened a gap.... i can see it closing now so don't worry yours will too.
Damon 3's top and bottom

Kell

#3 Post by Kell »

I also have never had a gap in my life but now I have a significant gap in my top teeth. There was a tooth slightly behind another and I believe the space is being created to move that tooth out. Then the ortho will straighten everything out and the space will close up again. I don't think it's anything to worry about. I don't like the gap though because now when I talk my braces whistle :shock:
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Idislikebraces

#4 Post by Idislikebraces »

My bottom teeth were perfectly straight! I mean no gaps or nothing...times comes nd I have to get braces nd she puts them on the bottom.....now I have spaces everywhere...but sometimes they close up nd then open up again! Its normal I used to be all freaked out nd looking at my teeth all the time but now I understand that it takes time! :o
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!