Loose teeth go for braces?

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kaka

Loose teeth go for braces?

#1 Post by kaka »

I think that my case is pretty unique...Sigh~

Well, I'm 17 years old and I wish to have braces for years. I hated my teeth when I was younger so I tried to push them back in place with my FINGERS. That's a VERY bad idea because now one of my front teeth and the one next to it are getting REALLY loose. I'm very scared now. I don't have the money to afford braces now, but I'm planning to get a job. I am afraid that by the time I'll get enough money to buy braces, my teeth will fall off!! What can I do ? Do I need to get my teeth pull off and get implants??? :cry:

kaka

#2 Post by kaka »

I also wonder if I can keep my loose teeth for the braces. Will they be stronger after or they will fall out anyway? Or they need to pull out the teeth for the braces?

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Hi, my advise for you is to go see your dentist and see what we says. Teeth get lose during braces treatment...also, maybe there is something with your gums? Go see your dentist; he is the only person who can really give you an accurate answer.

Good luck :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

OneTime

#4 Post by OneTime »

When was your last dental check up?

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

kaka

#5 Post by kaka »

To say the truth, I rarely go to the dentist. Last time was in october for a checkup. The dentist just cleaned up my teeth...
I went to see an orthodontist a few months ago and he said that I don't need to extract any teeth. That made me really happy, but its after that I noticed that my teeth are getting loose. :(

kaka

#6 Post by kaka »

Here's a pic of my teeth (Well, the pic is in a very low quality so its very yelloW XD) I suck my thumb when I was young. That, I regret too! If I did listen to my mom, my teeth could have been a bit better looking!! :cry: Do you think that need braces badly? My friends said that I don't need it. My ortho said that its more for the esthetic cuz my bite is fine and i have no cavities . My teeth are healthy...but I still hate how I look! I get jealous of my lil sis who can have braces. For me, I got to work for it and pay it myself... :(

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1737733217.jpg

altinure

#7 Post by altinure »

I don't really think your teeth are bad, but generally if they bother you now, they're never going to stop bothering you most likely. It's just something you're self conscious about.

As for your teeth being loose, you should really just go see a dentist for a cleaning, and have him look at them. It should only cost you like $60 if you're uninsured, and it will get your mind off of it. It's most likely nothing, but you could have something wrong with your gums that your dentist can help you fix.

dr.j

#8 Post by dr.j »

I agree with the last post. Go see a GP for an oral exam and cleaning to see where you stand. Good luck
Dr.J - Ortho