First TIme in this Board: Questions about elastics

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sruiz9987

First TIme in this Board: Questions about elastics

#1 Post by sruiz9987 »

I went for my monthly adjustment and they had me put elastics on. One on each side (right and left). It goes from one teeth on the top to two on the bottom (I hope I explained that correctly). It's my first time using elastics and I have to have them on all the time except when I eat and brush my teeth. Right now it is very uncomfortable and it hurts, the pain isn't severe or anything but it hurts. I was wondering if this is normal and how long the pain and the uncomfortable feeling last?
I's greatly appreciate it if you could respond, Thank You,
Stefanie Ruiz

Will

#2 Post by Will »

The pain is normal and should go away in 2 or 3 days with the elastics... if you just got your braces on, the pain will be probably 1 week or so....
Braces On: 11/1/05
Braces Off: ???

sruiz9987

#3 Post by sruiz9987 »

Thank you so much for the response. I got my braces on 6 monts ago, I have about 2 years to go. ( I know it's still a while)
Stefanie

kirst1583

#4 Post by kirst1583 »

Yeah pain with elastics is definitely normal. Mine lasts a week when I first get them on (I had them once - then was told to take a break from them... and now have them again)
The best advice I can offer is that no matter how much your teeth hurt or your jaw aches, just keep them on! The more they stay on the quicker you'll be used to them. Soon enough u'll forget they are there at all.
Best of luck with it :D