Question regarding teeth extractions

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sillygirl

Question regarding teeth extractions

#1 Post by Sillygirl »

Hello all,

I had 5 teeth extracted last Tuesday (4 pre-molars and 1 wisdom). The wisdom tooth area is giving me a lot of pain, the other 4 no problem at all.

My biggest question (and concern): is it possible for the oral surgeon to leave part of the tooth in there???

My pain has been getting worse since day 3 of the extractions. Some days are a little better than others. I am one who hates taking medication, OTC or prescribed, and I have taken alot of the pain meds the doc prescribed. Anyway...yesterday was the worst day so far (pain in ear, under jaw, throat, pulsing near extraction site, etc.). Last night I looked at it to see how it was healing and I saw a white thing in the whole where the wisdom tooth used to be (I had just brushed my teeth and rinsed well). I thought it was food so I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed, it was still there. So I carefully took a floss pick, had my husband hold a flashlight and I tried to pick it out. When I first touched the white spot it dissappeared. Wierd! Then I swallowed and looked again and it was back. So I touch it with the pick and it was hard, like a tooth or bone. I scraped the pick across it, it didn't move, it didn't hurt either, but it was HARD, not food.
This morning it is gone. What was it? Should I call my oral surgeon? I am wondering if a piece of the tooth is still in there and that is why it is hurting soo bad and getting worse as the days go on.

Please HELP!!
Thanks-

March 7, 2006 Quad-Helix Expander placed

Sillygirl

#2 Post by Sillygirl »

I called the office this morning, they said it was a bone chip, very normal and nothing to worry about.
:shock:

March 7, 2006 Quad-Helix Expander placed