New Here have a quesiton or 2 :(

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OlaLibra

New Here have a quesiton or 2 :(

#1 Post by OlaLibra »

Hi I'm new to the message boards and found this place very helpful. I had a couple of questions. I got my braces put on january 2004 and I still have them on now. The only thing that is delaying the removal of my braces (which should have happened december 2005) is an unerupted (impacted upper canine) that will not come down. It was exposed in April 2005 and luxated August 2005 (because it wouldn't move at all). Looking at my x-rays my tooth is somewhat laying on its side and when it was being luxated, the surgeon had to go through the lingual side (my tooth is basically buried in the palate (sp?) and took forever to get the bracket and gold chain on for exposure). But yeah it hasn't moved a single bit and now its April 2006, 1 whole year and my tooth hasn't moved from the position its been in. Any suggestions or ideas or comments. I really don't want to have to go through surgery again cause my insurance doesn't cover any of this stuff and my dentist says if it doesn't move I might have to have the tooth removed and an implant placed and I really don't want to go through the hassle of having an implant fixed because it was chiped or something. Any advice would be appreciated THANKS!

OlaLibra

#2 Post by OlaLibra »

Uh there wasn't an edit button but yeah post moved to Surgery section...