Not happy with results - pics

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

felipe

Not happy with results - pics

#1 Post by felipe »

I had my braces taken off a few months ago and I'm really not happy with the results. I had been trying to explain to my ortho for months before the braces were taken off why I wasn't happy and he really didn't seem to listen.

Attached are two photos of my top retainer. What I don't like about the top is how the two front teeth seem to flare out so much. I wish that they were a little bit more inset and how the arch meets at what seems to me such a rounded angle in the middle (I wish it was a little more flat). If either both or one of these things could be fixed about my top arch, I'd be so happy. I wonder if I should talk to him and if he'd re-brace me? (at no charge I surely hope)

Also, as far as my bottom is concerned (sorry no pics for the bottom), I have a gap between two of my back teeth that I keep getting food stuck into every single time I eat. It's been almost 6 months since the braces came off and I'm still getting food stuck there every time.

Thanks so much

It's on like Donkey Kong

Joanna20

#2 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey, I can't see any flaring really. Why don't you give us real pictures of ur teeth? If you are not happy talk to ur ortho. and force him to brace you again (free of charge). He's responsible for what he's done to your teeth.
Good luck,
Joana

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

~CanadianChick~

#3 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

I think they look great.. Do you have real pics?
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~

felipe

#4 Post by felipe »

here's some pics

Thanks
It's on like Donkey Kong

Ewok2000

#5 Post by Ewok2000 »

Looks like you have an overjet.

felipe

#6 Post by felipe »

yeah.. feels/looks like my bottom is kind of flaring out as well :(
It's on like Donkey Kong

Joanna20

#7 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey, I think they look good except there's the flaring thing. But they are completely straight.
Maybe you should have extracted teeth or something?! I think you should have a real talk with you last ortho. and explain that u don't want ur teeth like that. I suppose that if u get to have braces again, the treatment would be super fast.
Good luck!

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Chris

#8 Post by Chris »

I agree about the outward top flaring. What was his thoughts? Could he not bring those back in a bit? Or would that screw up your bite in some way?

As for the gap in the back, I would think with hawley retainers he could close that gap. Why not ask?
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Chris

#9 Post by Chris »

By the way, I do believe with a Hawley retainer you can correct the flaring. Thats what I was told, so you wouldn't have to go back to full braces to correct it. Perhaps the docs (if they come and visit our forum again) can address this issue. DOCS????????? :)
Top Braces June 2004
Debanded January 2007

fins

#10 Post by fins »

What I noticed was the midline. Was that difficult for your ortho to correct? (If I didn't have braces, I wouldn't have noticed the midline at all) I see what you mean about flaring of the upper but I thought the bottom looked ok. If I were in your shoes and was unhappy, I would go to a NEW ortho and let someone else give you an opinion. Maybe it is just a matter of tweaking and you can make the changes within a short period of time.

lianas

#11 Post by lianas »

you have very nice teeth but it doesnt look as if he finished your treatment. How come the midline is so far off and it doest look as if the teeth on the top arch are symetrical.

Chris

#12 Post by Chris »

Midlines cannot always be corrected, unfortunate as that may sound, its true. I suppose if extractions were made they could do more shifting of teeth but each case is different. They have to take into account your facial structure, etc.

How is your bite by the way?
Top Braces June 2004
Debanded January 2007

Michal

#13 Post by Michal »

Okay here is my 2 cents on this issue. My ortho didn't want to pull any teeth because it would mess up my profile and make my mouth look sunk in, like I have no teeth. My ortho is moving my bite out too. I was a little paranoid about this, but he told me that this is a more natural bite and the better way of doing things rather than pulling teeth. Your teeth look great.

3M Clarity up front, rest metal--20 Jan 2006
Debraced 20 Apr 2007, 15 months total in Braces

felipe

#14 Post by felipe »

Thanks for everyone who replied so far.
My midline is off because according to the ortho one side of my jaw is slightly longer than the other :(

The problem that I had before braces was that my two top front teeth were inset a lot and I guess maybe he overcorrected the problem to cover his butt in case my teeth would shift back - I don't know..
Anyway, it really bothers me so far and I feel like it changed my profile a little. I feel like my upper lip sticks out more now :cry:

P.S.; Are the docs still around?

Thanks again
It's on like Donkey Kong

Chris

#15 Post by Chris »

Since your braces are off, I'd go see another ortho for a second opinion, perhaps something more could be done with just the retainers.

My husband many years ago was not happy with his ortho towards the end of treatment and got another ortho to finish the treatment at minimal cost. He was so happy with the final result. You want to be happy but you need to know for sure that the original ortho did all he could to achieve the best results for you.
Top Braces June 2004
Debanded January 2007