Bite feels weird

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

robinhodge

Bite feels weird

#1 Post by robinhodge »

Is it normal the first day in braces to feel like your teeth are hitting each other funny or not quite like they did before? Maybe I am biting on the lower bracket but won't this change as my teeth shift?

fins

#2 Post by fins »

My teeth felt numb the first day in braces. I had so much tension and was in so much pain with certain teeth. Ugh! I have found that my bite changed frequently and I did feel like I was sometimes hitting my teeth together. This clicking of teeth together comes and goes with treatment (at least for me). If you feel you are actually hitting a bracket you might want to have your ortho check it out since it's not a good thing to bite off a bracket and you certainly don't want to chip a tooth.

Good luck with your new braces.

josephine

#3 Post by josephine »

When I first had my brackets put on, the assistant filled me in: "Your bite will be different every day." You should definitely call in if you are hitting a bracket or in serious pain, otherwise I think just expect things to be constantly changing. It's kind of amazing how quickly things move.