X-rays

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Caralyn

X-rays

#1 Post by Caralyn »

Why do the othrodentists take x-rays during/while you have braces??
Please let me know

Caralyn

missingu

#2 Post by missingu »

To see if the movement of the roots is in line with the movement of the exposed tooth. Usually, they don't take x-rays except toward the end, but if there has been a particularly challenging correction they might want to make sure the root structure is appropriate after the correction.

Caralyn

#3 Post by Caralyn »

Okay so I havent had any major things happen recently so do you think that it would that mean that i might be getting my braces off soon??

missingu

#4 Post by missingu »

Without knowing the details of your case, I'll defer to the age-old line "better ask your orthodontist." I would think that kind of question could be answered over the phone if the ortho made notes on your chart as to why s/he was doing photos.

2oldtocare

X-rays

#5 Post by 2oldtocare »

I got X-rays one year after the start of my treatment. It's just to see if the roots are straightening up, etc. Was amazing to see the difference in the "pan" x-ray. The upper and lower teeth meeting correctly, etc. Sorry but it doesn't necessarily indicate the end of treatment.