Help! Permanent retainer reattached, teeth moved

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

brazilianhottie

Help! Permanent retainer reattached, teeth moved

#1 Post by brazilianhottie »

Hello all,
My permanent retainer on the bottom teeth got disattached twice.

Instead of going to the ortho, i went to my dentist. A frined of mine does this. And also i figured, my dentist can submit to the insurance as "office visit". I've maxed out the ortho insurance obviously.

The first tiem after attaching back : slight movement in a tooth, after the attachment.

Second time of attaching (after it disattached again) caused even more movement (they were fine for 2 weeks being disattachedd, then after glueing them back to the wire, they started moving).

Now there is a slight gap b/ the right canine and lateral on the bottom, hardly visible. And slight overcrowding at the other canine.

Decided to stop by the ortho and see what she has to say.
She'll probably complain about me going to the dentist.

Anybody has experience with a dentist re-attaching their permanent retainer?

Any ideas what options I have to prevent further relapse? Least costly of course

Thank you all for your time and for reading!!!
Before
Gap on top, overcrowding on the bottom
First day of treatment
After
Braces: 11/03-1/04, was 27
Retainer: permanent on bottom, removeable on top + splint for the gap.
Additional corrections: Lateralization of canines with laminates and some whitening

josephine

#2 Post by josephine »

Do see your ortho asap. They are the experts on this and will be able to give you the best advice and help. After all the money you probably spent on treatment earlier, the most economical option will be to get this dealt with by a real pro now rather than later. And your after smile photo looks gorgeous. This is worth it! Good luck!

brazilianhottie

Thank you!! Seeing her tomorrow

#3 Post by brazilianhottie »

Hi, i'll see my ortho tomorrow.
You are right!!!
I've calmed down a little b/ the teeth don't seem to be moving anymore. It's a bummer that i got a bit of a disalignment on the bottom. My regular dentist was saying that we can add a bit of bonding in the sliver of space that's opened. ...
Oh, well, perhaps next time i should just go to my ortho and suck up the full out of pocket expense.

Anybody has any experience submitting ortho visit as just a regular office appointment for post-op visits?
Before
Gap on top, overcrowding on the bottom
First day of treatment
After
Braces: 11/03-1/04, was 27
Retainer: permanent on bottom, removeable on top + splint for the gap.
Additional corrections: Lateralization of canines with laminates and some whitening