No room for my tooth to move?!

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sarahm

No room for my tooth to move?!

#1 Post by sarahm »

Hi,

My name is Sarah and I am 28 years old. A week ago I had ceramic vraces fitted on my upper teeth and can already see a change in the alignment of my teeth!

BUT I am worried. One of my teeth (number 7) was very far back and has now move forward. There doesn't appear to be enough room for it to come into line with the rest of my teeth and it feels like it is pushing my front tooth (the one it is next to) forward. If I open my mouth i can see the tooth still behind the front tooth and it just doesn't seem to have enough room.

Am I paranoid? It has been such a big step for me to have braces (treatment costing $7400 CAN over 26 months) and I may be panic-stricken unnecessarily, but am I?

Is it possible my Orth will move my teeth out to allow room for this tooth? During my consultation he said he would not need to remove teeth. Wil lhe change his mind?

Can comeone please put my mind at rest?

Sarah :?

OneTime

#2 Post by OneTime »

Here's my thought, as your teeth falls in place into a tight spot. It will slow down the movement. Taking longer to line up because it become crowded with other teeth. So, your other teeth will start moving out to make room for that tooth to come it. Hope that helps.

My lower is crowded and takes forever to move, while the top which isn't crowded is moving along well.

Crowded teeth usually take longer to move for me.

Relax, its only been a week. Wait 12 months, you will be saying WOW. A big change.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Joanna20

#3 Post by Joanna20 »

Hi there! I think you need to relax. I don't have enough room for all my top teeth either and I'm sure about that! My ortho. hasn't mentioned anything but I know extractions will come along when necessary. Just don't let him/her remove your braces if you are not happy with the result.
If you are that anxious ask him on your next adjustment, he will calm you down I'm sure! Think positive!
Take care and good luck,
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

sarahm

#4 Post by sarahm »

Hey guys,

Thank-you for your replies. I really do feel much better :D

I think I'm panic stricken because it has taken me so long to get braces and now it seems to be all I can think about! I even had 'THE dream' a couple of nights ago. I dreamt my braces fell off taking all my upper teeth with them! scary!

Thank-you for your words of calm and wisdom. I'm really looking forward to following the path i have set and reading how everyone is doing with their treatment.

Big hug from me

Sarah