Bonding?

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

I_LiKe_PiNAPpLeS

Bonding?

#1 Post by I_LiKe_PiNAPpLeS »

Today I was told that I am going to have to get bonding. I started off with a cross bite and told that I would have them off in 18-24 monthes. However no bonding was mentioned. So I went through spacers, the pallet expander, and the elastics worn so I couldn't talk. So than my orthodonist greets me with "Good news!! You are in the final stage of your Braces, they are all lined up and straight. However we need to put in springs" Now I'm thinking...well my friend had springs to put gaps in her teeth...So I say rather confused "For what?" and he goes "Well one of your top teeth, when you bite together, is directly on that tooth, so the springs will create gaps inbetween teeth so that when you get ur braces off you can bond them" Meh..why's this have to be so complicated! I still don't understand it entirely. Has this happend to anyone? Is is as complicated and frustrating as it sounds? Here's pictures of this morning when I took pictures of my teeth and tonight when I took pictures of my teeth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/ ... /teeth.jpg

Right now I'm kind of worried because in order to make gaps inbetween teeth it's causing some to crowd :(

I_LiKe_PiNAPpLeS

opps

#2 Post by I_LiKe_PiNAPpLeS »

sorry it posted two topics :(