How can I get a big girl archwire ?

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

weird_wired

#31 Post by weird_wired »

KK, this thing from your ortho has been preying on my mind:

He said that saliva builds up around an old lig and that helps friction ... which I'm guessing means it makes it harder for the archwire to move that tooth.

It just sounds really odd to me. It also sounds worrying: why is saliva building up around an old lig?

It would make more sense if he said that old ligs were softer/weaker than fresh ones (like fresh rubber bands) slowing things down.

I notice Dr J hasn't commented on this, I would be interested to hear his opinion. Just for clarification: is this a common practice among orthos to leave old ligs on to "slow treatment down"?

weird_wired

#32 Post by weird_wired »

KK - snap! I had purple streaks recently (with some dye I bought in Australia as it happens - similar to Fudge, though a different brand, and it lasted ages). More recently I tried bright pink, to match my lower ligs. That dye (a mousse I bought here) didn't last so long, so I need to order some pink Fudge from Down Under I think ;)

weird_wired

#33 Post by weird_wired »

Oh - it is Fudge, I just checked - I must have been thinking about something else I bought. Fudge Paintbox Purple Haze. It starts off a very dark purple (on blonde hair) then fades through to a lighter lilac over time, then vanishes. It didn't seem to fade to pink though.

Also I have found that washing with the clear Pantene styling-product-build-up-removal shampoo fades dyes quicker, which may or may not be useful.

What I really want now are two products: Fudge Paintbox Pretty Flamingo, and Fudge Whiter Shade of Pale. But I am struggling to find a UK or Aus etailer that does both. I don't really want to order from the US.