Question for Doc re: elastics; PLEASE RESPOND Thanks!!

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Painfulvanity

Question for Doc re: elastics; PLEASE RESPOND Thanks!!

#1 Post by Painfulvanity »

Hi there,

I am 40 yrs old and currently have a quad helix to try and expand my upper teeth. My right side has moved some and my orhto wants me to wear elastics on that side ONLY with elastics on three upper molars and connecting to the INSIDE of my lower teeth to try and pull the lowers out. (I do not have braces yet) I put them on and they pulled my jaw to the right side and it felt like a strain since there are no bands on the other side to counter the effect. My ortho is out of town for a week and I wanted to know if this is a common practice. All of the postings I could find on elastics are going from the top and bottom of the outer teeth, not the outer to the inside lower. Thanks for any response.

missy

#2 Post by missy »

Hello!

I cannot obviously comment on your specific treatment, but I can tell you that I have the same configuration of elastics. Mine is also going from top outter to bottom inner to correct a crossbite on my left side. :)

~Missy