Braces off before my wedding

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blondie111

Braces off before my wedding

#1 Post by blondie111 »

I'm not sure this was already posted, but I didn't see it, so forgive me if this is a repeat!

I've been telling people I am getting braces put on in the next few weeks. But my one hesitation about it is I am getting married this fall and don't want my wedding pictures to have me smiling with a mouth full of braces (I'm 32). 2 different people have told me that I can have them taken off just for the wedding... like go in on Friday, have them taken off, then go back on Monday and have them put back on. Is this a possibility??? Please let me know, as I would be very interested in doing that if that is an option.

Thanks!! :lol:

Dark_angel

#2 Post by Dark_angel »

That is one option depending on your ortho and if they agree to do it you may have to incur extra costs for the time and removal and replacing brackets.

Another option is to get ceramics and have the wire taken out for the weekend and clear ligs put on the brackets.

Third option is to have the photographer photoshop out the braces, probably no extra cost, no hastle for you and a great day to be had.

you never know if you have them taken out, you may not want them back in :wink:

Idislikebraces

Re: Braces off before my wedding

#3 Post by Idislikebraces »

blondie111 wrote:I'm not sure this was already posted, but I didn't see it, so forgive me if this is a repeat!

I've been telling people I am getting braces put on in the next few weeks. But my one hesitation about it is I am getting married this fall and don't want my wedding pictures to have me smiling with a mouth full of braces (I'm 32). 2 different people have told me that I can have them taken off just for the wedding... like go in on Friday, have them taken off, then go back on Monday and have them put back on. Is this a possibility??? Please let me know, as I would be very interested in doing that if that is an option.

Thanks!! :lol:
My ma used to work at a bridal shop and she said that many women came in nd would tell my ma that they were gonna get their braces taken off for the wedding pictures and wedding! So this IS a possibility! I would ask ur ortho! :o
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!

LizzyG

#4 Post by LizzyG »

I'm getting married in July, and will be wearing my braces. I won't bother getting them taken off and put back on again, because I hated having the brackets stuck on and don't want to go through that again in a hurry! I will just get the photographer to have a go at editing the pics, or if not just be proud of my metal mouth! Better than my evil crooked teeth thats for sure.

Damon 3's upper and lower - 10 February 2006

bethne3

#5 Post by bethne3 »

I'm getting married next year and will be getting my braces taken off if I still have to wear them. (Fingers crossed that I don't!)
I made my ortho aware of the situation when I went in for my very first consult and she said it wouldn't be a problem.
4 Wisdoms Removed 11/14/05
Upper Teeth Braced/Expander 11/22/05
Lower Teeth Braced/Expander 11/28/05

Brooke

#6 Post by Brooke »

I am getting married this June. I am supposed to have my braces off by then, but if not, I am just going to go ahead and do it. If I were you, since you don't have them on yet, I'd wait until the wedding is over. I don't know if you're trying to fix anything appearance wise, but if you feel okay with waiting till after, i'd do that. This way, you'll save any extra costs to rebrace and you'll be able to get your treatment done faster, without the brace removal. Good Luck!
*Usually the longer roads lead to more rewarding endings*

Braced~ 10/11/04
Braces come off May 2, 2006!!!!! :)
Hawley Retainer full time!