major surgery very nervous....

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

piner08

major surgery very nervous....

#1 Post by piner08 »

ok im just curious if anyone hear has had any major surgery and had to go under for some time. next summer (hopefully sooner) i will be undergoing jaw surgery on my top& bottom jaw along with my chin. im a little nervous about the whole thing because im going to be under general anesthia for 6-8 hours and i know that sometimes there is difficulty trying to get a person out of it and it includes a risk. so if any body has been through something similar please some advice or even just talking about your experience would be great id appreciate it alot!o yea...im getting the surgery because i have severe TMJ problems its so bad i cant sleep at night and im most of the time in some sort of pain...also the doctors discovered that when i chew or like bite only my back two molars on each side touch and its called an "open bite" and from what they can tell its pretty bad. so during the surgery um in not positive but from the papers they gave me the surgery will all be done in my mouth like no incisions on my face or anything like that. but anyways they are going to reposition my jaw bones on the top and bottom so that i will have a better bite and so that my bottom jaw wont be recessive anymore and that will fix my profile somewhat.

nvcarissa

#2 Post by nvcarissa »

piner, Why don't you post this question on the orthognathic surgery thread? There are a lot of us who are going to get surgery and there are people there who can provide links.

Any surgery requiring anesthesia poses some risks, but they are well trained. I had heart surgery and they not only put my under, they had to stop my heart as well. And I'm still here!

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.