Not Happy with Result - Pics included

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

felipe

Not Happy with Result - Pics included

#1 Post by felipe »

I just got my braces off today and I'm really not happy with the results.

I feel like my upper and lower teeth are flared out, especially the top arch. I bite way over the bottom. I feel like I have buck teeth :(
I took some pictures and posted them here:
http://www.geocities.com/codeoverride80/theteeth.html

Please take a look and tell me what you think. I guess there probably isn't anything that can be done. If it's possible to fix that, about how long do you think it'd take and would I have to be fully braced again?

Thanks so much for your time.
It's on like Donkey Kong

jenns91civic

#2 Post by jenns91civic »

again...youre geocities link is usually always full. can you try a different host??
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

TuZZi

#3 Post by TuZZi »

Worked for me. In my opinion your teeth look great.... but I'm not the one wearing them. If you aren't happy with the result, is there another ortho you can go get another opinion from???
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

fins

#4 Post by fins »

You should ask the doc on this one. Your midline looks off though. I was told the two front upper teeth should flare out a little. How is your bite?
I think your teeth look nice but I did notice the midline problem.
fins

decisionmade

#5 Post by decisionmade »

I would definately make another apointment with your ortho and express your concerns..and if you don't get feedback you are comfortable with no harm in having a consultation with another ortho.
crowding, mild overjet, and crossbite
SARPE AND R.P Expander: 7-14-05
extraction : 9-15-05
Brace date: 9-29-05
Expander out! 1-12-06!!!!! after 6 long mos.
Taking them off!!! Feb 26, 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5209

dr.j

bite changes

#6 Post by dr.j »

Your lower midline is off. I would bet a nickel it was off before treatment. Mandibular asymmetries are nearly impossible to correct without surergy or extractions. You probably started off with a clas 2 bite on the left and finished with the same bite.
Your overall esthetics are nice. I would not really want to place braces on you in my office if midline was your concern b/c it likely would be after treatment too. These are called subdivision malocclsuions and they are the bane of our existence in ortho. Your smile is really good however.

dr.J
Dr.J - Ortho

felipe

#7 Post by felipe »

Thanks for the reply. My ortho said that my midline was already off before treatment (although I had never noticed before), so I'm trusting him on that one.
My main concern is that my upper and lower teeth flare out. I wish they were more vertical, especially the top front teeth.
It's on like Donkey Kong

Wingnut

#8 Post by Wingnut »

dr.j -

Just have to share - reading your post was so pleasant. You seem like a real down-to-earth person and I bet your patients just love you!

Evelyn

#9 Post by Evelyn »

Well I think that your teeth look great! Phenominal even, they have a really nice shape that looks natural and I don't think you have an overbite/jet at all. Granted I'm not a doc, but if I could end up with teeth like those I'd be thrilled!

If you want 'buck teeth' check out mine. They were fine before, but this last appt. they did something really wierd and now I feel like my whole lower jaw has been pulled back and my top teeth go waaay past my lower ones. I've been told that it's to prepare for rubber bands to bring the top ones back next time, but I'll tell you it feels pretty wierd.

But I digress. You have a great smile, congrats and you should be proud of yourself for all you've gone through to get it!

~Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

doglover1395

#10 Post by doglover1395 »

I think that your teeth are gorgeous! If I end up with teeth like yours I'll be thrilled. Smile and be proud of your nice teeth!
Braced: 3/4/05
Debraced: 5/21/07
Sentence: 26 months

HotWire

#11 Post by HotWire »

Hi Felipe,

I can sympathize with how you feel, because I am going through the same problem.
Your teeth look very healthy and beautiful, but when looking at them from the side view, the lower teeth are vertical and, because they are so close to the uppers, the upper teeth flare out a bit.

My teeth, after 1.5 yrs of braces, also do that.
When I commented on this to my ortho, he told me that if I wanted to change the angle of my uppers, so that they would be more vertical, my lower teeth would need to be pushed back.

It's always hard to evaluate these options, because you never know if you will be worse off than when you started. :? Models, etc, that I've seen, are never really accurate. They seem to show the best possible outcome, not reality.

Let me know if you decide to try and make that change. I hope all goes well.