numb tongue-heelp!

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amiyumi

numb tongue-heelp!

#1 Post by amiyumi »

had all 4wisdom teeth removed yesterday under general ansrthetci. lower two impacyted.none erupted.one side of my tongue feels huge and i jave no sensation init still. is this normal?plz help im very worried!
thanks!
anyone?pleeease!

Joanne

numb tongue

#2 Post by Joanne »

This is something you're concerned about so please do not hesitate to contact your doctor's office and let them know what is happening.
~Joanne

Chris

#3 Post by Chris »

If the numbness has not worn off they probably damaged a nerve. If thats the case, be patient, it can and does heal itself over time. When I had my wisdom teeth pulled my mandibular nerve was damaged and I had numbness in my lower lip and and chin for 3-4 MONTHS! I am happy to say that the feeling came back gradually on its own. This also happened to a friend of mine and she's just fine too. :)
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

amiyumi

#4 Post by amiyumi »

phew thank you sooooooooo much 4putting my mind at rest!God blessss you!lol i was majorly panicing,and when nopone was replying 2my my post i though t iwas cos tnoone had the heart to tell me i could be stuck lije thi forever!lets hope i wont be

Chris

#5 Post by Chris »

I understand completely. I thought the numbness wouldn't go away either, but it did. Years ago I also had arm surgery and I lost feeling near my elbow, it never returned but I got use to the feeling and it never bothered me. Funny how we get use to things. But hopefully, your numbness will wear off. I'd increase my B-Vitamins if I were you...couldn't hurt, they are good for nerve health. :D
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

amiyumi

#6 Post by amiyumi »

thx so much!
x