Not allowed to get braces, but want to fix a space!

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kerm_246

Not allowed to get braces, but want to fix a space!

#1 Post by kerm_246 »

Hi there Doc. Six of my top teeth (from left canine to right canine) have some small spaces, the biggest space being between my two front teeth, which have a gap of about 2 - 3 mm. I went to one orthodontist who said that he would not allow me to get braces because my back teeth are aligned perfectly, and braces could possibly mess up the alignment and create a bigger problem.

1) Is this possible?
2) And are there no other options to fix this space?!

missing_tooth

#2 Post by missing_tooth »

Agreed, look at all other options first. I can't remember the name for it, but my sis had her gaps filled with something. I for one am not looking forward to braces.

jay.tee.

#3 Post by jay.tee. »

oooooo i was in the same situation as you cuz the second person i went to said that braces wouldnt work for me since my back teeth were very well aligned but the first person i went to said that braces wouldnt do any harm. the 2nd person suggested cosmetic dentistry ie bonding or veneers but the cost would just be as expensive as braces but the cosmetic stuff won't fix my bite since i have an overbite...to make my long story short, i went for braces...which is a very good choice since i have only had them for 3 months with no pain and the changes are obvious.

weird_wired

#4 Post by weird_wired »

I find it absolutely incredible that you consulted a professional orthodontist who "wouldn't allow" you have braces, and suggested no alternative treatment options.

Go to another orthodontist, get a second opinion, and ask them about other options.