What are the Chances

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Scott19

What are the Chances

#1 Post by Scott19 »

That my TMJ like symptoms(im not experiencing any piercing pain of sorts) but..What are the chances of the clenching/grinding going away aftermy teeth are back into place?

Right now i have an underbite but is going to be worked on(maxilla surgery to move the top jaw forward) in 3-4 months. any info on past experiences or knowledge would be appreciated! thanks

spogal22

#2 Post by spogal22 »

I had TMJ symptoms when I was starting treatment. My jaw would click whenever I opened it wide and would be sore in the morning. Two months into treatment all symptoms were gone!

Scott19

#3 Post by Scott19 »

That's good to hear! i too have clicking on one side of my jaw. When i open my jaw so hopefully that will go away.

Has anyone's jaw tightness ever went away as a result of having there teeth in proper position?

mjbusch

#4 Post by mjbusch »

I too would like to know, because I have been to many different types of doctors. I have been to the ent, dentists, primary care managers, and oral surgeons. I have been experiencing dull jaw pain and ear pressure for over about 3 years. None of the doctors has recommended braces, only medication and soft food diets.