Big decision - any opinions?

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cteri

Big decision - any opinions?

#1 Post by cteri »

My ortho says I'm done and has planned to remove all next week. However my lower left (of the four front teeth) is still not in its place, in fact when the doc took off the arch to let the elastics (which I'm wearing over my whole mouth even the front like Hannibal Lector) work better - that tooth went back even more and looked like I needed braces from day one.
Isn't it true that there are ways to oblige a tooth to move (bending wires, repositioning brackets, adding some sort of spring to pull...) - I have requested this for months and my doc never tried any of it and now says, 'that tooth must be in its position or it would have moved more'

I have decided to try another doc who says it can and will come out of hiding (he has a great reputation) - any thoughts?

johnnys_angel

#2 Post by johnnys_angel »

To me, that sounds really kind of odd. Especially the "that tooth must be straight, otherwise it would have moved there". That sounds like doubt even on the ortho's part. If you are happy with your teeth, then yay! Get them off. But if you're not, then I seriously recommend keeping them on until you are. Yes, there are ways to manipulate teeth.

Good luck-sorry you are so unhappy :(
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

cteri

#3 Post by cteri »

Thanks for the consolation - maybe a doctor can comment. Is it true that some teeth just 'weren't meant to be perfectly straight'? I keep reading here about bending and tweaking wires to manipulate teeth...why not mine??