Facial Liposuction and Braces

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

royalstation

Facial Liposuction and Braces

#1 Post by royalstation »

I know ... I know ... strange topic.
But I'm interested in what the Doc's have to say about getting Facial Liposuction while being braced.
I have no chin ( :lol: ) and jowls I like to get rid of. BTW I'm 42 and recently Braced (01/20/06)
Would there be an issue getting Facial Liposuction?

Thanks !!!

Eleni

#2 Post by Eleni »

Hi royalstation. I'm not a doc, but I read an article in Elle magazine last month that addressed how in lieu of plastic surgery, fixing teeth can sometimes correct facial features. I admit, not the most academic reading material/source and it is biased towards Invisalign, but it leads me to believe that any alteration to the face should wait until orthodontic treatment is done and your face has settled down.

I've included it below as it is no longer available for free online. Hope the docs give you better info.

[quote="Elle Straight Talk"]JANUARY 2006 issue

Braces do more than just align teeth. Modern, invisible versions can define cheekbones, soften wrinkles, and plump lips. Elizabeth Hayt has seen the future of beauty and it is. . . plastics

The trouble with my teeth started—well, when I was already a bit long in the tooth. Back in my early thirties, I became aware that my once-straight smile was out of whack. Although I'd never needed braces as a kid, my adult mouth had turned adolescent on me—my bite had shifted, preventing my upper and lower teeth from closing properly. They were crowding together, overlapping and twisting, fighting for space. People said my snaggleteeth gave me character. The sight of them made me cringe.

By age 40, my errant teeth were at odds with my cosmetically enhanced appearance. I'd already had an eye lift to reverse my prematurely aging lids. I've maintained a standing appointment with my dermatologist every three months for Botox and Restylane injections. Despite my artificially plumped lips, my misaligned teeth gave me a haggard look. The best way to correct the problem, advised all the dentists I consulted, was braces.

“I think we unconsciously associate crooked teeth—not just yellow ones—with old people,â€
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story