Acckk, Teeth Problem?

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vernie

Acckk, Teeth Problem?

#1 Post by vernie »

Okay, I'm getting my braces off in three days and I have a concern. My top front teeth and clearly not touching my bottom front teeth and I'm not sure if they are suppose to do that or not. Does anyone have any suggestions on that? If so, thank you so much. I'm afraid that I am getting them off too soon even though I know my orthodontist knows best.

Thank you! A request as soon as possible would be nice. :?

vernie

Oh please.

#2 Post by vernie »

Please, someone answer me.

I really need an answer.

johnnys_angel

#3 Post by johnnys_angel »

It's pretty hard to tell without a picture, sorry :( I would say go with YOUR best judgement, and call the orthodontist and express your concerns. Good luck :D
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

Mine don't touch right now and I like it that way. Mine were always touching before and it drove me crazy. Do you like the way your teeth look? Are they overlapping at least a little so that it doesn't look like you have an open bite?

If mine touch very much as I am getting closer to getting the braces off I am going to ask the ortho to see if he can make it so they don't touch. I think they are supposed to touch very lightly if at all.

vernie

#5 Post by vernie »

Ah, thank you so much. Sorry for not having pictures. My teeth are very straight and it was just that, but my teeth still overlap my bottom teeth a little bit so it does look fine. I've just always been used to them touching and when they didn't touch I freaked. I'll just see how it works out. :D I'll tell you how the removal goes.

Thanks again!

SuzyQ

#6 Post by SuzyQ »

Don't worry about your front teeth not touching. They're not supposed to touch, but the uppers should overlap the lowers slightly.

Hope this helps.

ssfw

#7 Post by ssfw »

I think there is suppose to be a 1mm - 2mm distance between the upper teeth and lower teeth. I don't think the upper and lower teeth are suppose to touch because I think the constant rubbing would create wear on the teeth. Not sure about this info. but this is what I had heard.

And yes, before your braces are removed, share your concerns with your orthodontist because you want to be happy with the way your teeth look, otherwise I think you will regret not saying anything. I understand that you have confidence in your orthodontist but you still need to share your concerns.

Good luck and keep us posted.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08