PAINNN! ! ! ! When braces first put on.

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Missingorigin

PAINNN! ! ! ! When braces first put on.

#1 Post by Missingorigin »

I was wondering, How much is it supposed to hurt when you first get your braces on? ? ?

I read from the internet and heard horror stories from my friends about the pain. That it hurts as if you got hit with a baseball ect. . . well to me it hurts as if i got hit by a foam baseball.

Anyone know why it doesnt hurt? will I get pain in a few days?

sweetgurl

hurt

#2 Post by sweetgurl »

u could say it is sore not hit with the baseball. for me the front feel fine but the back teeth where the band is it really sore back there. i guess cause my skin is irritated by it each time i talk or eat. the first day felt fine the second is the worst and third is better and so on. i just got my braces three days ago. the second day i couldn't even eay shrimp!!! just soup the third day i ate better. i so scare that the band would rub my skin and leaving me with a scar. oh that hurt. i hope i get better soon.
hope this helps

OneTime

#3 Post by OneTime »

It will sore for 3-4 days before it is over. Try pain killers.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Chypre

#4 Post by Chypre »

I didn't experience any significant pain until the 3rd day or so. Even then, a couple of ibuprofen kicked it pretty effectively. What little soft tissue irritation I've had didn't show up for nearly a week. (There are scratchy bits on the lingual surface of my molar bands. They appear to be engraved numbers.) A little wax there and some silicone where the tubes rub my cheek and everything healed within a few days.

Now I get infrequent sporadic pain in random teeth. It's new and different every time... front uppers one day, one lower molar the next. Weird.

I hope your pain-free experience is a long term deal. Good luck with your treatment!

Missingorigin

#5 Post by Missingorigin »

Okay, Today I feel pain in my teeth but when I chew, Yesterday after I had my braces on, I ate two hotdogs and a piece of cake, no pain when chewing or biting. Today, I ate a cheeseburger and when i first bit it, my front teeth were hurting, so i used a fork and knife to eat my burger, i could chew almost normally with my molars though. hopefully tomorow ill be able to take a big bit from a hamburger.