Braces off today! (Permanent bottom retainer)

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

biteowl

Braces off today! (Permanent bottom retainer)

#1 Post by biteowl »

Debraced as of about noon today and I'm so very excited :dance:
My top retainer will be a hawley and arrives day after tomorrow, but a permanent retainer was attached to my lower teeth very quickly after the braces came off. Honestly it's only been on a couple of hours and I hardly notice the permanent retainer at all. Just a thin little wire smoothed over with acrylic-type cement. Ate lunch already and it didn't get food stuck in there or anything, so I'm happy as a clam about it! It's really weird - my teeth feel so freaky and slippery now that I'm used to chunky braces being on them. It was really neat, though - they gave me a little package with sparkling cider, blow pops, skittles, microwave popcorn pack and a rice crispy treat... all the stuff I couldn't eat while I had the braces on :-)o

Edit:
Internet company was bought out by another and they're switching around our page and whatnot so I had to take the pics down :( But gosh thanks so much for the congrats, been weeks now and I'm still walking on cloud 9 =)

I'm not sure how long I have to wear the retainer full time for, but I plan to wear that puppy at night for the rest of my life!!!
Last edited by biteowl on Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Congrats and what a lovely smile you have

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

BracesAt42

Congratulations!

#3 Post by BracesAt42 »

Congratulations on your new smile!

Your teeth look awesome!

Time to celebrate and enjoy all those foods you missed during your journey!

:D :D :D
Yep, Braces at Age 42!
Damon 2's
Braces On: 9-18-2003
Braces Off: 7-13-2005

Kell

#4 Post by Kell »

Congratulations! You're teeth look great.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Gennel

#5 Post by Gennel »

Wow your smile is AMAZING!!! Your smile looks so natural.

Gennel