It's nearly over... 17 days to go!!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

katy

It's nearly over... 17 days to go!!

#1 Post by katy »

Finally my time has come! I have been lurking on this site for a looong time and my sentence in braces so far has amounted to 27 months. Yesterday I went in for an adjustment and my ortho uttered those 7 magical words I've been waiting to hear for over 2 years: "I think they're ready to come off". I could have cried (but I didn't)... :biglaf:

I started this journey with severe crowding which meant I needed 4 pre-molars extracted to make room to pull all my crooked teeth into place. It's been a long battle with springs, powerchains and innovative elastic tying techniques from my ortho to get me to this point. :soremouth:

My de-brace date is October 27 (only 17 days to go!) and I'll be getting a permanent lower bonded retainer and a Hawley upper retainer. He said we could switch to an Essix down the track but I think I'd prefer the Hawleys.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement with people who understand what a person endures on the braces journey. Everyone on this board has been a great help and it's been an excellent source of info in those moments of panic when something has gone awry with my braces. I'm going to get some "before" pics from my ortho and try to post them on here with my "after" shots once I'm brace-free.

I can't believe this part's nearly over! Hooray... :-88

I'll post pics as soon as I am naked... :HugeGrin:

Cheers

Katy :banana:

stRaighteR

#2 Post by stRaighteR »

CONGRATS!!!! =)

xtrememkovr

#3 Post by xtrememkovr »

Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!! Can't wait to see your teeth all naked and pretty and happy and straight! :)

Congrats again...

X.

Samantha08

#4 Post by Samantha08 »

Congratulations!!!! Its going to be so hard to wait, trust me!!! I get mine off in 9 days, and Im just about going crazy lol!!! I bet you are super excited, I know I am!!! Cant wait to see pics!!
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

jessikah

#5 Post by jessikah »

So, how do your teeth look?
are you happy with the result?