I'm naked!! (with pictures)

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EyeHartEwe

I'm naked!! (with pictures)

#1 Post by EyeHartEwe »

I'm naked everyone!! :D

After 3 years and 3 months, 2 surgeries and many adjustments later--- I am bracefree!!

I was released into the world with a wonderful smile, a pretty pink retainer, and a ton of candy!

Taking the braces off didn't hurt at all and I was so shocked! It was just *pop* *pop* *pop* and they were off! But man did it feel weird... and slimey!

They feel much better now though. And I went straight to the store and bought some whitening toothplace and new floss! I am so excited to have straight teeth! It's... liberating, in a way. I've never been able to run my tongue across my teeth. I've never been able to smile without feeling ashamed, or talk in public without covering my mouth.

The process took much longer than I anticipated, was a lot more painful than I realized it would be... but I would do it all again.

Before...

After...
Last edited by EyeHartEwe on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#2 Post by nahky »

Thats sensational...

Your ortho did a great job. A dazzling smile, had to be worth it :lol: :)

Congratulations!
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

xtrememkovr

#3 Post by xtrememkovr »

wow. your results are BEAUTIFUL! It's so nice to see after pictures of people - because while you're enduring all the pain and adjustments and impatient feelings it's hard to keep your "eye on the prize" so to speak. seeing results like yours makes it clear once again how well worth it EVERYTHING will be.

Again - congrats - and enjoy your new smile. Looks like you've been smiling like that forever - I hope that I will be able to smile just as naturally when I'm done with my journey.

X. (Kari)
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. - Marianne Williamson.

EyeHartEwe

#4 Post by EyeHartEwe »

Thank you so much everyone! I am still in shock and find myself running to the mirror to check it out still... now if only I could get used to talking with the retainer! :oops:

Kari, hang in there! I am not lying when I tell you it is definitely worth it! You will have an absolutely beautiful smile in the end and you will be so happy that you endured it all! The beginning is the hardest, after another month or so, your braces will be part of you and you really won't even notice them I bet! It's weird for me to *not* have them anymore. After I got them off, I almost asked for them back on! lol! :D Like you said, "Keep your eye on the prize!" It's definitely worth it 100%!!

Thanks again everyone! I'm going to see if I can get some better before pictures that show my whole face because everyone's telling me it's made a dramatic different on my entire face :)

butterfly

#5 Post by butterfly »

Absolutely beautiful! Very natural, easy smile. You look great :D :D :D
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

Chris

#6 Post by Chris »

Absolutely beautiful!!!! So happy for you !!

3 years is a long time to wait, but for you it was worth it!!
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

turrrtlelove22

#7 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

:banana: Nice, very nice!!! Very inspiring!!! :banana: :-)o
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

jessikah

#8 Post by jessikah »

wow, your results are awesome!!
congrats...
keep smiling :D :D :D

Lyn

#9 Post by Lyn »

EyeHartEwe I was wondering what type of retainer you have. :?: I was debanded on Nov. 8th and have Essix (invisalign type). I hate it. :!: It is really hard getting used to this thing in my mouth. Braces were so much easier to take care of. I like the look, but man is it a nuisance!!! :evil:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

Xero

#10 Post by Xero »

Wow, your smile is BEAUTIFUL!

Congratulations!
About three years since being braced. Changed ortho twice, so it's hard to keep track.

A very special thanks to KK & linda21 for constantly reading my log. Thanks!

M1k3y

#11 Post by M1k3y »

Awesome! Enjoy your new and improved teeth. :D
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

Attagirl2

#12 Post by Attagirl2 »

WOW! Super, Beautiful. ENJOY! :flowerbloom:
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

EyeHartEwe

#13 Post by EyeHartEwe »

Lyn wrote:EyeHartEwe I was wondering what type of retainer you have. :?: I was debanded on Nov. 8th and have Essix (invisalign type). I hate it. :!: It is really hard getting used to this thing in my mouth. Braces were so much easier to take care of. I like the look, but man is it a nuisance!!! :evil:
You'll have to forgive me because I don't know terms and my Ortho didn't tell me either. I think I have a hawley retainer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retainer_( ... ic_device)

For the bottom I'm not really sure what it is, I made another post on this board asking for help identifying it but no replies yet so I guess everyone else is stumped too! :D

I can't say I *love* these retainers either because it's really hard to get used to talking with the acrylic on the roof of your mouth, but I've managed and I'm getting better! :)

Chris

#14 Post by Chris »

Wow, Attagirl, I just noticed your avatar with your new smile...lookin good. :D
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

drazda

#15 Post by drazda »

Your teeth look AMAZING! HUGE difference! And great American Eagle shirt... I have the same one! :wink:
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!