NAKED POST!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tarheel89

NAKED POST!

#1 Post by tarheel89 »

They're off!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I was getting very paranoid, just SURE my ortho was going to change his mind and not take them off today, but he did!!!!! :-)o What a great Thanksgiving Day present!

I followed a lot of advice from these boards, including brushing with "sensitive teeth" toothpaste for the past ten-fourteen days, and taking tylenol (I can't take ibuprofen) ahead of time. Everyone was spot-on with their descriptions -- just pop-pop-pop and off came the brackets, then some mild discomfort with the dremel tool to get off the cement (I did some focused breathing through my nose and fortunately my ortho was very quick and thorough!) :thumbsup: The funnest part (other than staring at my pretty shiny teeth!) was picking out the design for my Hawley retainer -- I didn't know they came in designs!!!! (A lot different world than when I had braces twenty-three years ago!) I got a little "beach" scene for my upper Hawley. How wild! :biglaf: :biglaf: (Okay, yes, I probably could stand to get out a bit more, but please indulge my wild side here...)

So many people have posted their own stories, and mine is not that different -- it is great to have them off, but also great to see the result and realize that the hassle really is all worth it in the end! :jump: :jump:

Thanks to everyone on these boards -- what a great community with so much encouragement and support. My ortho is exploring the boards and site now, and is planning on recommending it to his adult patients.... woo-hoo!

Take care all,
Tarheel89 :-88

Special P.S. to KK -- I'm going out for CURRY tonight!!!!! :-* :-* :-*