damon braces?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

consideringbracesDC

damon braces?

#1 Post by consideringbracesDC »

I am supposed to get braces on Dec. 18th and am still struggling with the decision of whether to get ceramic (clear but not Invisalign) or Damon 3? Any feedback on pain/discomfort, length of treatment and appearance would be greatly appreciated. I am also trying not to panic and cancel the appt. thanks in advance for help/guidance.

BracesAt42

----

#2 Post by BracesAt42 »

-----------
Last edited by BracesAt42 on Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

overseasmel

#3 Post by overseasmel »

I have both- ceramic on top and damon 3mx (the newest kind) on the bottom. I haven't noticed any difference in pain levels or difficulty in cleaning. And although I have clear ligs at the moment I haven't had any staining issues so far (but then again I haven't really tested it out too much).

Seriously, go with your heart. Technologies are not as different as people make them sound sometimes. I was umming and ahhing about it for ages and eventually went with what I'd wanted to begin with, and haven't regretted it one iota.

Braced 20 Nov 06. Sentenced to 18-30 months. Released 23 Feb 09 (27 months and 3 days).
Uppers: 3M Clarity Ceramic. Lowers: Damon 3MX.
SARPE 21 April 06 and 7.5 months in expander (on for 2 weeks before surgery), turning to a width of 14.5mm.

GoBucks

#4 Post by GoBucks »

I too have ceramic on top and Damon 3 on bottom. I have not noticed any difference in pain between the two, both have been fairly to sometimes very painful in the days following appointments. This isn't a surprise though and I don't think anyone should expect getting braces to be pain free. As for the Damon 3, I have had problems with brackets coming off atleast a dozen time for no good reason. The most recent was today while brushing my teeth. My ortho has begun replacing the broken Damon 3 brackets with regular all metal Damons. These brackets stay on much better and I have not had a single one come off. My treatment time was supposed to be 9 months and I'm going on 12 now and the constant broken brackets have played a roll in this. I should mention that I've had no problems with my ceramic uppers. Best of luck with your decision. I can say that even though I'm 3 months over my expected treatment time I am still happy with my decision to get braces and I think you will be too.