dark or light stains after debanding?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

prettybetty3

dark or light stains after debanding?

#1 Post by prettybetty3 »

Ever since I got braces about 6 months ago I have been obsessed with brushing my teeth. I brush at least 2-3 times a day and I use whitening mouthwash once or twice a week. I have taken my braces birthday as the mark of taking care of my teeth and avoiding any more cavities and such.

However, has anyone had any significant staining after debanding? Whether it be that your teeth got yellower since putting on braces and you got little white boxes or your teeth got whiter and you got yellow little boxes...

Seems petty but just curious! Its been on my mind...

embraced3

#2 Post by embraced3 »

hi prettybetty3, i brushed as often as you did and was anal about my teeth while i had my braces on, and i had no stains. i would think that as long as you are keeping up with the regular cleaning and not doing anything that will stain your teeth (like drinking coffee or something) you should be fine. i drank coffee everyday for a while when i was in braces but started feeling like it was counteracting my brushing so i stopped (also cuz coffee isn't exactly healthy either :|) anywho, just my 2 cents.

decisionmade

#3 Post by decisionmade »

Hi! I had my braces taken off on monday and my teeth are soo much whiter than I expected..I drank red wine and cofffee throughout my treatment but WOW they are so white and there are no marks from the brackets at all! I hope you'll have the same results!
DM
crowding, mild overjet, and crossbite
SARPE AND R.P Expander: 7-14-05
extraction : 9-15-05
Brace date: 9-29-05
Expander out! 1-12-06!!!!! after 6 long mos.
Taking them off!!! Feb 26, 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5209

faithnlove3

#4 Post by faithnlove3 »

hello hello,

I have not been anal about cleaning my teeth as I should have been, and as the time draws nearer to when I get my braces off, I'm concerned that I will have stains on my teeth. Even as I look at them now, I feel they're yellow... :( Is there anything I can do to fix the situation now other than brushing/flossing? How hard is it to remove the stains once you have the braces off?