Pic...Supposed to get them off today. Question!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lilzoya3

Pic...Supposed to get them off today. Question!

#1 Post by lilzoya3 »

I'm supposed to get my braces off today, but I'm really, really trying to not get my hopes up because my bite seems off.

When I close my mouth, two of my teeth hit in the front. Most of my molars do touch, but this concerns me. The two teeth hitting are: the top tooth between my front right tooth and my right top incisor, and the bottom tooth directly below it. Everything else is PERFECT! Picture is reversed for sides, but you get the idea.

At my last adjustment (when impressions were taken) two weeks ago, the ortho mentioned that some fine-tuning could be done while in retainers.

Has anyone ever actually had additional movement during the retainer stage? Everything I read says retainers are supposed to just "set" the final placement...not move teeth.

Worried...please give any advice you can!

I really want these braces off, but it won't be worth it if it isn't right! I plan to ask my ortho about it before he takes them off, but thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced something similar!

Thanks!