Gaps... solutions

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Echeatha

Gaps... solutions

#1 Post by Echeatha »

Hey,
I like my teeth alot, but my front teeth have a small gaps that still seems to open up during the day after about 6-7 months of no braces. I wear my essix retainer, and it pushed my front teeth back together. I just want them to fix in place. I had bonding done before to fill in my gap before braces; however it was a nightmare b/c it wore away every year and my horrible dentist made the previous gap bigger by drilling on my teeth. Did anyone have a better experience with bonding? Also, I don't really want to get veneers, as my teeth are nice and it's only the small gap that appears. I think I am just going to stick with the retainer for now ( since it pushes them back together everynight), and hopefully my stuborn teeth will stay together.

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

Maybe a bonded lingual retainer on your upper 2 in addition to the Essex retainer?

My ortho was doing this to someone when I had an adjustment a few months ago.

Seems in some people that gap just wants to be there and it's a force to be reckoned with!!!

Good luck!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

mtbrncofn

#3 Post by mtbrncofn »

I had that same issue, but my ortho knew that was going to be a problem in the beginning.

I have exactly what jennie suggested and they didn't move a bit. It was tiny and unobtrusive. Its definitely worth asking about!

Good luck.
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#4 Post by nahky »

Seems in some people that gap just wants to be there and it's a force to be reckoned with!!!

Good luck!
Haha... I have that problem as well, whenver my retainers come off, that gap says hello
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007