sore teeth

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Braceface82

sore teeth

#1 Post by Braceface82 »

I just got my braces off yesterday and i also got my retainer. i started wearing my clear retainer yesterday and my teeth are very sore....i can't even open my mouth to talk. has anybody experience this before? if so what can i do to minimize the soreness of my teeth?

Eleni

Re: sore teeth

#2 Post by Eleni »

I just got my braces off yesterday and i also got my retainer. i started wearing my clear retainer yesterday and my teeth are very sore....i can't even open my mouth to talk. has anybody experience this before? if so what can i do to minimize the soreness of my teeth?
First, congratulations! :-)o

My teeth and gums were extremely sore the first few days. Brushing was really not possible the day of de-bonding. But honestly, the first day was the worst. Within a day or two the soreness will dissipate on its own. Just give your mouth some time to recover and adjust. For me it didn't last more than 3 days.
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story