(Hopefully) brace removed tomorrow, retainer w. 'fake teeth'

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Betty Bat

#16 Post by Betty Bat »

Dear MB Chick,
I doubt that you found out at a later age than me - I'm 54! One baby tooth was pulled when I was 12 and the other when I was 53, just before my braces went on.

looloog

Hi

#17 Post by looloog »

I was just reading this thread and have a quick questions. Can a fake tooth be placed on an essix retainer?
Can one eat with an essix retainer?

Chris

Re: Hi

#18 Post by Chris »

I was just reading this thread and have a quick questions. Can a fake tooth be placed on an essix retainer?
Can one eat with an essix retainer?
Not sure if they can attach a fake tooth inside an essix.
No, you can't eat with an essix.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

cinnamint

#19 Post by cinnamint »

Yes you can have a fake tooth inside an Essix retainer. I have one! With the retainer on you can't tell at all. Once I've had a bridge done to fill the gap, I'll have a new retainer made without the fake tooth.

looloog

#20 Post by looloog »

Thanks! Thats a big help to know. I am going for a retainer fitting next wednesday and I need to discuss my options with her.
I am wating for an implant in my front tooth, in the meantime i wear a flipper. Its like a retainer (but i can eat with it and drink whatever i want, i think its made differently than a orthodontic retainer) with a tooth attached to fill the space. If I can get my orthodontic retainer to also serve the purpose of filling that gap, then that will be perfect.
Thanks!