Share Your HAwley Colors

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

smileygirly

Share Your HAwley Colors

#1 Post by smileygirly »

Ok...for a little fun, please post what color your hawley is/was, and if you liked the color or not:) have fun:)

JumpTheDitch

#2 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Me too, but I like fun posts.

I much prefer my hawleys over my essix but my ortho wants me to wear the essix during the day :|

My hawleys are so much nicer:

Lower:

Upper:

I love the colour, it's a bit hard to see in these pics but there's small silver sparkles in the blue. I was about the 5th person debanded in my ortho's office that morning, and they said I was only one they could persuade to choose a colour other than "gum pink". I don't think 'persuade' is the right word though, since I said "blue with silver sparkles, please" before they'd even finished asking what colour I'd like :D.

My only regret is that people only get to see the colour when I'm cleaning my teeth, etc! :lol:

JumpTheDitch

#3 Post by JumpTheDitch »

I'll say! Very impressive result though :D.

I think decals are a bit advanced for us colonials here in Aus; I know they certainly were for my ortho.
Mind you, had they offered the option, I'd still be in the office now, trying to decide what decal to have! :roll:

smileygirly

#4 Post by smileygirly »

i think im gonna go with a sparkly rainbow retainer, or a sparkly purple one!

jennielee81

#5 Post by jennielee81 »

Here's my sparkly purple one:

the sparkles are on the underside so you don't see them here. I like it!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

smileygirly

#6 Post by smileygirly »

ooo i like yours jennielee:) very beautiful indeed. i love all of yours:)

str8teeth

#7 Post by str8teeth »

So what exactly is the difference between a hawley and an essix?
I'm planning to post all of my orthodontic photos to SmugMug. If you are interested in opening an account with SmugMug (which I highly recommend), enter my referral coupon code of 70duJYrJFlNyQ for $5 off the cost of their service. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you may have. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

str8teeth

#8 Post by str8teeth »

Oh wow, thank you so much! That definitely clarified it for me :-D
I'm planning to post all of my orthodontic photos to SmugMug. If you are interested in opening an account with SmugMug (which I highly recommend), enter my referral coupon code of 70duJYrJFlNyQ for $5 off the cost of their service. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you may have. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

alexa

#9 Post by alexa »

I'm still working on updating my livejournal with pictures...but I thought I'd post this over here...in case anyone wants to see:

Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

alexa

#10 Post by alexa »

I love my kitty...it totally makes that top retainer awesome. I've got a non-braced friend wanting braces just because I showed her a pic of my kitty decal'd hawley! :lol:

It's weird though...like...do all placed use the same decals? I've seen a few orthodontic lab sites...and the kitty was on their decal sheets too...hmmm.

I love the purple too. It's awesome. I think Karen's gonna like it! :wink:

Yeah, it is interesting how all of our hawleys look so different. We need to get Dr. Rick or someone on here to explain to us the basics of retainer prescriptions! :D

str8teeth

#11 Post by str8teeth »

Very cool! The kitty is neat!

Anticipator

#12 Post by Anticipator »

I have orange retainers and last night after almost two months of having them I discovered they are also glow in the dark.
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

smile2006

#13 Post by smile2006 »

Mine are plain old flesh colored and came in a plain old black case.....my ortho gives no options saying it is one way to keep the cost down. I don't know if that is true or not but he is the one who cancelled my remaining payments at 17 months when my treatment was over so I can live with boring retainers (and can easily live with 7 fewer payments than expected at the cost of a snazzy reatainer). I probably would have chosen something very simple anyway....a decal of bicycle on it would have been fun. Everyone here seems to have something that suits their style which is good....guess mine just suits my wallet :lol:

alexa

#14 Post by alexa »

I knew you would like them. 8)

Here's to hoping that sometime soon you will get to make your choice! :D

smileygirly

#15 Post by smileygirly »

omg!!!! u guys all have really neat retainers. at my debonding last week, i really hoped for a bright purple retainer, or a neat kind of rainbow with sparkles, but the purple was like a shade off from navy blue, and the rainbow was kinda ugly, so i picked HOT PINK!!!!! its pretty:)