What did you do to celebrate?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

becky_boop

What did you do to celebrate?

#1 Post by becky_boop »

I was told yesterday that I would be getting my braces removed on the 25th! :D So, of course, I'm planning my first braces-free day. The appointment is for 8:15, so I'll have plenty of time during the day to celebrate. I'm thinking of maybe going to the movies and snacking on milk duds and popcorn during the show. What did you do to celebrate your braces being removed?
I'm not weird, I'm just creative. O.o

smile2006

#2 Post by smile2006 »

I celebrated with Southern mustard barbeque and crunchy hushpuppies. I stayed away from things with mustard while I had my braces and crunchy things as well so this was a treat. I admit though my teeth felt sore and still do 5 days later....guess I had a lot of movement going one still before getting my braces off.

tbarr15

#3 Post by tbarr15 »

smile2006 wrote:I celebrated with Southern mustard barbeque and crunchy hushpuppies. I stayed away from things with mustard while I had my braces and crunchy things as well so this was a treat. I admit though my teeth felt sore and still do 5 days later....guess I had a lot of movement going one still before getting my braces off.
Why did you stay away from mustard??

Iceolated

#4 Post by Iceolated »

Congrats on your upcoming un b-day (un brace day). For me there was nothing quite like the feeling of running my tongue over a perfectly lined arch, something I had never felt before.

It will sound Weird, but for my un b-day I couldn't have cared less about eating, I was just excited to get home and floss with regular floss and not have to fish it under the arch wire for every tooth!

Cheers,

ICE.

Metal uppers May 2, 2006
Metal lowers September 12, 2006
Finally Nekkid July 11, 2007

With braces - pain is gain...

Some things money can't buy.
Thank God great looking teeth aren't one of them.

“But to see her was to love her, Love but her, and love foreverâ€

TX26

#5 Post by TX26 »

I ate popcorn. I had lingualcare braces and popcorn would pop the brackets off.
4.18.05 - lingualcares - top & bottom
estimated time - 18 months
READJUSTED treatment time - 16 months

jennielee81

#6 Post by jennielee81 »

Congrats!

Came home and ate some homemade chocolate/almond toffee.

Then for dinner and I had frozen local sweet corn during the summer that I cooked up like fresh and we and ate that with ribs.

What a memorable day!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

idolfan4

#7 Post by idolfan4 »

I went out for mexican with my mom and I had crunchy hard tacos for lunch. For the remainder of the day, I had stick candy like starburst, skittles, tootsie rolls etc. For dinner, I had the same thing. Crunchy hard tacos. :D

Epyx

#8 Post by Epyx »

I'm still a bit tender to be eating the hard stuff I avoided during braces. But to be honest, the first real thrill I had was brushing my teeth - it was so easy without braces, and the brush just glided over my teeth after the polishing.

Betty Bat

#9 Post by Betty Bat »

Uppers came off in April and lowers came off last week. I'm the inverse of those folks who had one set put on before the other. Both of mine were put on in October, 2005.

My celebration was - a bag of caramel corn from Garrett's Popcorn in Chicago. Wow, was it good!

sjsarre

#10 Post by sjsarre »

I think i'll wait a week until my uppers are off before indulging just incase they are sore!! I've heard people say that sometimes they feel naked and unsafe for a while and I don't think i'll like that feeling too much.

I've become so used to my brace that i'm worried how my teeth will feel after!! Its been like a comforter for my teeth LOL!!

katmc_tx

#11 Post by katmc_tx »

I get my braces off next week :wink: . Not sure what I'm going to eat but skitles, starburst and taffy sound out of this world!!! But I may wait if my teeth are to sore. I'm also looking forward to eatting corn on the cob and feeling my teeth bracket freeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

mogwai

#12 Post by mogwai »

MMMMmm all this talk of food..

I had my lowers removed a couple of days ago, my uppers in 12 days. To half celebrate, I had hot waffles with Ben and Jerrys Cookie dough icecream and maple syrup, and cheesey nachos at the movies.

I am planning a party for my final debond, and will have all sorts of sticky, CHEWY items on that day! :lol:

mrsphase74

#13 Post by mrsphase74 »

I had my braces taken off yesterday (only had metal uppers) so right now I am scared to bite into anything. I did have a vanilla ice cream cone, but I did not use my front teeth to bite into the cone, I bit it from the side! I can't wait to eat some corn on the cob, that is my favorite and I missed eating it. I will indulge next week after my teeth have settled some and I have gained some confidence!

mogwai

#14 Post by mogwai »

mrsphase74, your avater is making me so dizzzeeeee :lol:

regulering17

#15 Post by regulering17 »

call me weird, but I've already started to plan that stuff. Lol. Makes me have something to look forward to!(ive had mine for about 7 months)
On my special day,if i get em taken off in the morning, i will get my hair cut(really nice, expensice place) on forehand, and buy nice new clothes and come to school, and blow everybody away=D!
haha and i need to find somebody to kiss! lol