FINALLY! Naked Teeth & Essix Retainer (Pics)

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gracie381

FINALLY! Naked Teeth & Essix Retainer (Pics)

#1 Post by gracie381 »

Well, I'm finally naked :D After 2 years the debanding finally happened this past Friday. After worrying for the past 2 weeks about the pain I might encounter, it actually wasn't bad at all! Grinding the cement from my teeth was the worst part, but my teeth are very, very sensitive and there was only a couple of times that I flinched! The molar bands came off with just a couple of snaps and within 30 minutes I was debanded, polished and already had my impressions finished. I did have to wait 45 minutes for my Essix retainer to be made, but it was well worth the wait. I love my Essix retainer, it fits so perfect and feels so smooth. I will agree with some of the other posters on here about removing the retainer. My bottom is a breeze, but the top one will take some practice, but I'm already getting better at it. Anyways, enough babbling. Just wanted to post some pics of me wearing my retainer and my sig at the bottom has my before & after shot, just need a good cleaning & some whitening & I'll be all finished!! Thanks for everyone's support and I hope this inspires all you out there thinking about getting braces!!

ESSIX RETAINER PICS

Last edited by gracie381 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

ilovemacs

#2 Post by ilovemacs »

Amazing!! When I get debanded, a long time away I'm getting essix retainers!! They look amazing!!! :D

SinOnYourLips

#3 Post by SinOnYourLips »

Your teeth look so awesome! And so do you with that smile!

Congrats!!! :D

Estimated Treatment Time: 12 months to life

Chris

#4 Post by Chris »

Very nice, Gracie! :D
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

asepitesdf

Re: FINALLY! Naked Teeth & Essix Retainer (Pics)

#5 Post by asepitesdf »

congratulation :lol:
Your teeth are very pretty

The Admin has banned this member from the site for PM'ing people and asking for pictures of their teeth to put into his German braces/teeth fetish album.

nallen7

Maybe I can help with that...

#6 Post by nallen7 »

I hear you had some trouble getting your upper essix out. Essix sells an appliance remover tool on their smile shop web site that I found to be really handy! I found it on their smileshop.com website :D :D :D