Braces off after 20 months (before + after pics included)

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

totalwise

Braces off after 20 months (before + after pics included)

#1 Post by totalwise »

it's over!!! 20 months of braces gone. Yipeeeeee

Well to be honest, I have 5 more years of diligent retaining and the rest of my life to keep my teeth in tip top condition. But let's forget about that for now.

I have fixed bonded retainers on upper 6 and lower 4, and a hawly (see through tray) retainer on it's way in 2 weeks time for nightwear.

My smiles brilliant:

Before and after pics

Whitened using crest premium plus whitestrips from ebay
Last edited by totalwise on Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

totalwise

#2 Post by totalwise »

Thanks Karen, I have updated my post with a pic!!!!

PaulKariya

#3 Post by PaulKariya »

Congrats

Beckster

#4 Post by Beckster »

Congrats! Your teeth look GREAT! :D

~Becky

urfutureortho

#5 Post by urfutureortho »

Wow, your smile looks really great. Don't let it go to waste.
-urfutureortho

Skylark

#6 Post by Skylark »

Wow your teeth look fantastic!

Just a question - is your ortho happy that your teeth will be kept in place for 2 weeks with bonded retainer only? I've also posted in here ('Help! My retainer's been stolen!') I've just gone to bonded retainers and was given a clear Essix type retainer to wear at night. It disappeared when my suitcase got stolen and I haven't been able to contact ortho over xmas. Am getting a new retainer next week and am hoping that the bonded wires will have stopped any significant movement.

It's encouraging that your ortho must think you'll be fine for 2 weeks with wire only. Have you noticed any movement?

Congrats again, looks like braces were worth it :)

totalwise

#7 Post by totalwise »

Skylark wrote:Wow your teeth look fantastic!

Just a question - is your ortho happy that your teeth will be kept in place for 2 weeks with bonded retainer only? I've also posted in here ('Help! My retainer's been stolen!') I've just gone to bonded retainers and was given a clear Essix type retainer to wear at night. It disappeared when my suitcase got stolen and I haven't been able to contact ortho over xmas. Am getting a new retainer next week and am hoping that the bonded wires will have stopped any significant movement.

It's encouraging that your ortho must think you'll be fine for 2 weeks with wire only. Have you noticed any movement?

Congrats again, looks like braces were worth it :)
Thanks for the congratulation everyone!!!! I am loving every minute of my new found confident smile.

I actually have been without proper retainers for over 4 weeks, as I missed my appointment. I had another one 2 weeks later, there hasn't been much movement that cannot be rectified. I'm wearing my removable retainer nights only, and the first night it was quite painful. But nothing to worry about as it will be realigned shortly.
Last edited by totalwise on Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ripchord

#8 Post by ripchord »

Awesome! Congrats on your new smile!! :D
Braced on January 5th, 2007
Debanded on April 2nd, 2009

Click www to see my story!

SinOnYourLips

#9 Post by SinOnYourLips »

Amazing! Your pictures are very inspiring, your smile is gorgeous and you look so happy! :D

Estimated Treatment Time: 12 months to life

sjsarre

#10 Post by sjsarre »

Your teeth look great. My son is in the early stages of orthodontic treatment and i'm hoping for a good finished result. His tops are quite similar to the way yours were.

:D

mizzdee

#11 Post by mizzdee »

great looking smile..I've had my braces on for about 20 months and i can't wait to get them off

mariahfromchicago

#12 Post by mariahfromchicago »

What an inspiration!
- mariah

carolEEna

#13 Post by carolEEna »

Your teeth look great! Congrats!!!!

TEXLADY

Smile

#14 Post by TEXLADY »

Wow - what a great job on your teeth - they look great AND the whitestrips did a magnificent job as well. Congrats.

*Denise*

#15 Post by *Denise* »