I am naked!!!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SinOnYourLips

I am naked!!!

#1 Post by SinOnYourLips »

WOOO! Just got them off about an hour ago!
It was very quick and painless, and none of my ceramic brakets broke either! I went back for the retainer 20 mins after and got an essix! My ortho told me to just wear them nights, for as long as I can, which in my book is for life! I go back in 2-3 months for a check up and now I am off to whiten with my crest strips and have my first bracefree meal!

Here, I uploaded some pix, sorry they are blurry!

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Through all the soreness, pain and frustration, I can surely say though:
IT WAS SO WORTH IT!

All you guys hang in there, it will be well worth it, promise.

Estimated Treatment Time: 12 months to life

SnowSara

#2 Post by SnowSara »

Beeeuuoooootiful!

Congrats, enjoy your new smile!!

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

MsTiaLia

#3 Post by MsTiaLia »

Your teeth look GREAT!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Ok, so how do you get to wear your retainer at night only???? I've got a hawley's that is making my ortho's life horrible! I've been harrassing him for the last week! It seems like there is a problem every other day--at least I perceive that there's problem! I'm not really surprised that I'm being so neurotic, that's just how I am. I just feel so bad about it. I'm going to bake red velvet cupcakes for his office this weekend and take them in on Monday...while I'm there, I might as well ask him about this last tooth on the back that is not in my retainer that has moved!!! lol Seriously though, there's a space in front of my last tooth on the upper left and it has become the most aggravating food trap!!! When I press my retainer in completely, the end of the wire on that side presses it's way between those two teeth! It hurts sooooo badly!!!

Anyway, keep us updated about your post-braces life:)

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

:-+

I Can't wait for my debrace day to see results such as yours... Congrats!

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

Lovely! Enjoy.

SinOnYourLips

#6 Post by SinOnYourLips »

Thank you alll!!! I bleached my teeth and it looks amazing!
I do want to admit, it felt sort of weird when I JUST came out. My teeth seemed so huge and straight ... and now even slightly unaturally pearly white, my mom says my teeth shine when I smile, but after a few hours I got used to it and love it now.

Yesterday, I went out to a big birthday party and VERY FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I WAS COMPLIMENTED ON MY SMILE BY A GUY I JUST MET THERE. He said "you are so pretty and you have such a gorgeous smile!" it probably doesn't sound like much to someone else, but you guys can imagine how it feels having someone say that to you for the very first time in your life on the day of your debandment! That made my night :D

Thank you all for the responses!

Estimated Treatment Time: 12 months to life

Mmmmuuaa

#7 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Congratulations! Your pictures were deleted so I can't comment on how they look, but I'm sure they look amazing.