Yippe they're off

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mmh

Yippe they're off

#1 Post by mmh »

Yes, it's official, they're off... On 23.11.06, surgery 17.11.07, off 12.03.08. Yippeee. Fixed bonded retainer on the bottom (six) and essix clear retainer on the top (24/7 for 3 months, then night time wear, probably followed by an upper hawley forEVER!!) The joy of getting the braces off was pretty fantastic! I'm not loving the essix retainer, but compared to braces it is just fine.
Time goes by, whether you're watching the clock or not. Hang in there, it is so worth it!!! mmh

Love4Law

#2 Post by Love4Law »

Congrats!! I can't wait till I get mine off!!

SinOnYourLips

#3 Post by SinOnYourLips »

Congrats!!! I candefinately understand your excitment! I just got mines off today as well and the essix is pretty comfy!

Estimated Treatment Time: 12 months to life

SnowSara

#4 Post by SnowSara »

Congrats!

Lots of debanding going on! It's a fun "club" to be in, haha!

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

Love4Law

#5 Post by Love4Law »

Congrats to you as well SinOnYourLips.

Mmmmuuaa

#6 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Isn't it great?! Congratulations!!!! :D

mmh

#7 Post by mmh »

Thanks for all the congratulations, and yes, it is great. It is funny though, lots of people haven't noticed and it doesn't worry me, it just means I guess that they didn't really notice my teeth that much, full stop, the whole 16 months I had braces!! Surprise surprise, I am not the centre of everyone's universe!?! I LOVE that I can take out the upper essix to eat and drink and the lower bonded doesn't worry me at all. Who would have thought flossing would now bring such joy (it is so fast and easy!!!)?!?!? mmh x