"Beta testers" needed

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

retainerdesigner

#16 Post by retainerdesigner »

SDFD TSchott wrote:The glitter red and glitter blue looks absolutly nothing like the retainers I'm going to get, they are blue in color not clear and has glitter! same thing for the red!
I know exactly what you are talking about...i think

The red in the red glitter means that the flakes are actually red and the blue glitter actually has blue flakes for glitter. You can use this glitter with any other color of acrylic. I am just not able to represent this online. I can "Photoshop" the glitter on top of any of the colors but it doesnt look good (online). Dont worry I will find a way to accomplish this.
But the results in real life look good. For instance, I get requests all the time for hot pink acrylic with purple glitter sprinkled on top. Looks pretty "blingy"
Or the blue clear acrylic with sliver glitter sprinkled on top.

SO, what I am thinking is that you got a red color, be it opaque or transparent, and have glitter infused in it. Dont worry, your color retainers with glitter do exist and are possible but not online (for now). I have to keep them ( the colors and the glitters) separate online because I cant get a true transparent for the glitters in the images.

Sorry,
Cade

diande

#17 Post by diande »

Hello again Cade,

I tried the half and half design again but page still Not Found: 1st color: blue glitter; 2nd color: purple glitter

The problem may be with the purple glitter and some other glitters (silver and green). When I used other solid acrylic colors as the 2nd color it worked fine.

I saved the info about the retainer types you typed too, THANKS!
DD
Upper and lower bonded retainers; Upper Hawley for night time

DEBANDED ON FRIDAY 15TH AUGUST 2008 - FINALLY!!!

Braced on 13 September 2006 - Ceramic upper and lower brackets - Estimated time was 12 Months

retainerdesigner

#18 Post by retainerdesigner »

Thank you so much for the info, this is why I posted here. I still couldnt get the same results as you, each page came up, but I can tell there is something quirky about the linking system. Seems to be pulling links out of my site trash. I'm all for recycling and all but this is ridiculous. I will be working on this soon. Thanks to your help some kid may not have to go without glitter. :wink:
Anyway, let me know if you come across any other quirks the the site.
Glad to help with the retianer info, i just hope its all correct.

Cade

retainerdesigner

#19 Post by retainerdesigner »

HMMM>.. i dont know why my last post didnt make it here...but it didnt.

Awesome, Awesome,Awesome....I found the problem! Thank you to Meryaten and diande because of your comments and testing i knew where to look to find the problem.Looks like I had the colors pointing to 2 links at the same time and depending on the browser you use it will either give you the right link or the wrong link. I will be fixing it in the next few days, just got back from my mini-spring break vacation and so I am playing catchup with the retainers.

Thanks again
Cade

retainerdesigner

Call For Beta Testers Part II

#20 Post by retainerdesigner »

I believe I have fixed the bugs on the site, especially with the half&half and stripes. Thank you guys for finding them I never would have found them by testing on just my computer.

Now lets take it to the next level, shall we?
If you guys could test the submission part of the site, you know, the page that pops up after you have designed your retainer. THat would be great.
You can use fake names and goofy doctor names if you want. You can even use a fake email address if you want, but if you want to see the confirmation email you will have to use a real email address, don't worry your email is safe from spam and other things.
Use Email Code: cade@retainerdesigner.com to send it to me.

Thank You all,
Cade