I'M DONE, YAY (PICS)

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jamie315

I'M DONE, YAY (PICS)

#1 Post by jamie315 »

Well its finally come, at times I never thought I would make it to posting in here, but as of yesterday, I am finished, I cant believe how fast it all went. The 19 months of discomfort, springs, and hassles are now so worth it, I am so glad I did it. As you can see my result is not perfect, my teeth are straight but my bite is off ,my lower jaw is more developed on one side do to my narrow upper arch, it could have been fixed with surgery. Looking now I kind of wish I had just to have a perfect bite, but when I had them put on almost 2 years ago, I was in a different financial state so I opted for no. Maybe in the future if it bothers me, but over all, I am extactic, from where I started to where Im now, is black and white. I have a few small flourosis marks, and I need a few things bonded he couldnt file, but like I said, I am thrilled, and I am leaving for NYC Saturday for a huge hair show, so perfect time.

Beginning of Treatment

AFTER (As you can see I have and upper and lower bonded retainers, plus an upper Essix, which I have to wear almost all the time for 12 weeks, and then just at night, I have to really diligent with retainer wear b/c of my bite, I would be more prone to shifting)
Last edited by jamie315 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Very nice!!!

Dawna

#3 Post by Dawna »

I think it looks great, and your teeth are so white!

browneyedgrl

#4 Post by browneyedgrl »

Your teeth look great!!!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

Cinnamon

#5 Post by Cinnamon »

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Great smile!!

P.S. It's all about how you feel but I just wanted to say that I didn't see anything off about your bite until I looked for it after reading your post. Your smile looks fantastic! :D Enjoy!

Click on Wonder Woman to go to my braces story Image

Luella

#6 Post by Luella »

~ Luella ~
Oral surgery assistant, Registered Dental Assistant, OMAAP Certified

PARR

#7 Post by PARR »

Great Smile! Looks fantastic.

leftyme

#8 Post by leftyme »

Your teeth look great! Have fun in New York!

damon2's

#9 Post by damon2's »

Wow!!!! Your teeth look fantastic! Thank you for sharing your experience!!

tin_grin

#10 Post by tin_grin »

HURRAY for Jamie!! :D

Have you EVER had a cavity? I'm jealous!
Braced: July 19, 2006
Debraced: April 21, 2008
Ceramic uppers & lowers

jamie315

THANKS

#11 Post by jamie315 »

Hey thanks so much for all the compliments guys, and Tin_Grin, thank god for white filling, cause yes I have had cavities, lol, cosmetically they r the best!

SDFD TSchott

Re: THANKS

#12 Post by SDFD TSchott »

jamie315 wrote:Hey thanks so much for all the compliments guys, and Tin_Grin, thank god for white filling, cause yes I have had cavities, lol, cosmetically they r the best!
White fillings hmmm wounder how much it will take to get the silver fillings removed and white ones replaceing the silver ones... I've got a few but I'm not sure I want to spend the money to have them replaced for white fillings... maybe if I need more fillings down the road I will get them then... BTW Great smile your teeth turned out amazing.

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Piper Leah

#13 Post by Piper Leah »

Brilliant smile! What a difference! Keep that smile forever!

Lola

#14 Post by Lola »

That's an amazing result!! You should be thrilled. Did you have anything else done such as whitening? I'd love if my teeth were that straight but they'd never look as white and shiny as yours...Well done you!!

catfish

#15 Post by catfish »

Wow - what a great result! I'd be happy with that smile!

I'm curious about your bonded retainers since I will be getting them someday. Are they bothersome? And you still need a removeable retainer as well as the bonded ones????? How does that work?
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom