Crest Whitestrips

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NishaGh1

Crest Whitestrips

#1 Post by NishaGh1 »

I am sooo anxious to whiten and brighten this new smile of mine, but I don't get my teeth cleaned by my dentist until next Saturday. I was told not to do the strips until after the cleaning because if I didn't, I would just be bleaching the plaque/tartar that built up. But, my ortho did a superficial cleaning and I don't see or feel any build-up. Do y'all think I should wait?

Also, I've heard that the strips hurt like crazy. Has anyone done them? I been brushing with Sensodyne to prepare myself.

debonairdenise

#2 Post by debonairdenise »

I had my braces removed yesterday and I went out and bought a box of Crest White strips. My teeth are very white and straight, but I noticed a little staining so I used a set last night. As I type I am wearing another set of them. My dentist is on maternity leave until the end of September and because I did not know I was getting my braces off my next scheduled cleaning isn't until October so I decided to use these instead until I go in for my cleaning. I haven't had any problem with mine so far, but it has only been one day so anything can happen. My teeth aren't sensitive so I have had no pain or discomfort. I hope this helps.

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 »

I used Crest Whitestrips before the first cleaning appointment and had wonderful success.

The strips didn't hurt at all. I did notice cold sensitivity for a day or two but that went away.

My dentist said I did a great job.

Give it a try, use a few strips, see how it feels and how it looks.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm