What teeth whitener to use?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LadyGoddess

What teeth whitener to use?

#1 Post by LadyGoddess »

I'm five months out post-braces and wow my teeth need a whitening pick me up!

Which one do you recommend that is both gentle on my teeth but will work? Teeth whitener is expensive so I'd really like to get something that works.

Thanks!

Kristiana

#2 Post by Kristiana »

I've had good results with Crest WhiteStrips.

LadyGoddess

#3 Post by LadyGoddess »

Thanks! <3

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

Yeah my ortho suggested Crest Premium Strips.I a few people that have used it and the results were nice.

Gennel

lily2

#5 Post by lily2 »

Crest Premium Whitestrips are doing an excellent job on my teeth!

Gennel

#6 Post by Gennel »

I bought the Crest Premium Plus strips yesterday so I'm on day 2.
The first minute I feel sensitivity and then it fades. I like that they sort of mold themselves to each tooth and stay put. When I take it off I still have a slimy stuff all over my teeth but a quick rinse and it comes off. My teeth look a bit whiter but I am going to wait 8 more days to find out for sure. I did not take a before pic because my teeth look whiter in pics anyway. I do have the pic of me after getting debanded so Iwill compare to that.
The strips cost me $34 at Walmart...

Gennel

Gennel

#7 Post by Gennel »

I'm on day 6 using Crest Premium Whitening strips and OMG I am thrilled with the shades lighter my teeth are! My daughters say that they are WHITE enough now lol. So I finish on Sunday. I'll take some pics and post the after results. The sensitivity is not too bad. I only feel it for a minute or so and then it's gone. Some of my adjustments were so painful that this is a piece of cake please! lol

So I highly recommend the Crest Premium whitening strips! It has 10% hydrogen peroxide which is the strongest over the counter whitening treatment. There are others that take like 2 weeks to work and that has like 4%-6% Hydrogen Peroxide strength. I wanted to do the Zoom whitening but I cant keep my mouth open for 1 hour with cold air hitting my teeth ! I have about 4 sensitive teeth and keeping my mouth open for more than a minute hurts like H#@!! lol

Gennel