Did anyone ever experience....

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kirjax

Did anyone ever experience....

#1 Post by kirjax »

dreams about your teeth going back to the way they were before braces??

Before I got braces I always had dreams about my teeth falling out. In a dream book it said it was because I was experiencing a lack of self confidence in my appearance. So ever since I got braces I never had those dreams again. However since receiving news that I'm getting them off in a few weeks I've had dreams that I get them off and even though I am wearing my retainer I wake up and my teeth are all crooked again!! It's normal right? lol - maybe it just means I have anxiety issues over losing my wittle brackets :lol:

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

59fifty

#2 Post by 59fifty »

embarrasing to say but
ive had recurring nightmares where my expander broke from me jaw clenching cuz i have a jaw clenching problem

each night it wud break in a new way and i would be really sad

and after i got brackets i had a dream that 4 of theb roke off

really wierd..

Traceymay

#3 Post by Traceymay »

Oh Lordy!!! I had a dream last night. I kept looking in the mirror and my 2 front teeth had changed colour and were lobsided.

I too used to have the dream where my teeth fell out, but since I had a brace fitted that all stopped, untill last night. :oops:

What a relief when i checked in the mirror this morning.

Jenn S

#4 Post by Jenn S »

I keep having dreams where all the people in them, have braces, and I don't!
Braced: 12-17-08 8:30am (PST)
2 Extractions 07-21-09 *****
Treatment for: Overbite, lower overcrowding.

mizparis11

Dreams..

#5 Post by mizparis11 »

I have been dreaming of my brackets falling off already and somehow a tooth degenerate to a very brittle baby sized tooth...it doesn't compare to waking up and having your skin "imprinted" by the brackets. It's a discomforting feeling.

Strange since I only had them for 3 weeks only.

:shock:

Start: Jan 20,2009
Time: 30 months

Clairey Fairey

#6 Post by Clairey Fairey »

I once dreamt that all my teeth were crumbling away!!!! So glad to wake up from that one!!