August Debrace Club

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TumbleDryLow

August Debrace Club

#1 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Since January and July have one, I thought I'd start one for August.

I'm scheduled to be debraced on August 12th.

Anybody else out there ending summer with a brace-free smile?

sillyface

#2 Post by sillyface »

August 4th, 7:40am... not that I'm looking forward to it or anything 8)

Audra

Re: August Debrace Club

#3 Post by Audra »

TumbleDryLow wrote:Since January and July have one, I thought I'd start one for August.

I'm scheduled to be debraced on August 12th.

Anybody else out there ending summer with a brace-free smile?
That's my birthday!

MCG2013

#4 Post by MCG2013 »

I'm in on this one as well.

Dutchess

#5 Post by Dutchess »

August 25th! 14 months in braces instead of 20 :D

The bad part is that it could have been August 4th but my ortho is out of town that week and I leave for 2 weeks vacation right after that :S well I guess those 3 weeks don't matter anymore

princessT

#6 Post by princessT »

Mine is on 12 August :D

opera^gal

#7 Post by opera^gal »

August 20th: 9:15am for me
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

TumbleDryLow

#8 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Happy Debrace Day Sillyface! :jump:

Was just at my final adjustment before debanding and I have a gap that has opened between my canine and lateral. The ortho put me in double powerchains to close it, but I might need to postpone my debanding a few weeks if the gap doesn't close over the weekend. Grrrrrr....

crazybeautiful

#9 Post by crazybeautiful »

5th August: today :D I should have got them off last month (in fact probably earlier; I can't remember!) but my bite shifted so I was put in tight elastics and given powerchains and wire ties to get it right again.

I thought it would hurt, and that it would take quite a while- but it didn't, and it didn't :wink:

I got my retainers later on in the day, which are Essix for now- though I will be changing to Hawleys later.

I'm so happy to be able to floss in less than 15 bloody minutes, above all I think :roll:
~SARME, Nov 2007. 10mm expansion

My blog: http://crazybeautifulsurgery.blogspot.com/

haywire

#10 Post by haywire »

i got a question about debracing, i understood that brackets come off really easy with a special tool, but....how the molar bands come off?

when i got my braces installed mine got in very hard (hurt a little,she had to push hard) and my ortho removed then once and i felt like they will come off with my molar in them and they werent even glued yet, how will they come off after being glued there for almost 2 years?
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

TumbleDryLow

#11 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Congrats crazybeautiful! :jump:

Haywire: I had 4 molar bands removed a month ago (so the little space that the band creates between the molars could close) and I really didn't even notice she was taking them off. I thought getting the bands off was going to be awful, but it was quick and painless. They just take a pair of pliers, press (I guess--I didn't feel anything) you hear a tiny crunch as the glue breaks and.....that's it! It's really not bad---at least in my case it wasn't.

My bands were very tight going in as well.

crazybeautiful

#12 Post by crazybeautiful »

TumbleDryLow wrote:Congrats crazybeautiful! :jump:

Haywire: I had 4 molar bands removed a month ago (so the little space that the band creates between the molars could close) and I really didn't even notice she was taking them off. I thought getting the bands off was going to be awful, but it was quick and painless. They just take a pair of pliers, press (I guess--I didn't feel anything) you hear a tiny crunch as the glue breaks and.....that's it! It's really not bad---at least in my case it wasn't.

My bands were very tight going in as well.

And haywire: as for the band removal- besically what TumbleDryLow wrote. My ortho took off my wires all in one go- so the bands came off with the rest of the brace. You feel pressure from the pressing down to break the glue, and the snap as it does, and then they just come off. It's not painful, just slightly unpleasant.
~SARME, Nov 2007. 10mm expansion

My blog: http://crazybeautifulsurgery.blogspot.com/

Alleria

#13 Post by Alleria »

Mine come off tomorrow after 14 months and 20 days. I can't wait to floss like a normal person again, to chew gum again, to eat food without worrying about any being stuck in my braces, and not feel the pressure on my teeth anymore.

b

#14 Post by b »

Yesterday! August 26th!
Total treatment time of only 9 months!
Spacers in Aug. '09
MARA without elbows on Aug/09
Braces on Nov. 20/09
Elbows for MARA in Feb. 25/10
Braces off August 26, 2010!
Essix Retainers

my story: http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=33571