Naked! Naked! Naked! Yeehaw!!!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracesAt42

Naked! Naked! Naked! Yeehaw!!!

#1 Post by BracesAt42 »

Yes, I am running naked kids! Wow, it feels great and I can't believe the results (yes, please disregard my earlier "Yeah Whatever" post).

I had my debonding appt this morning bright and early. My brackets were off in about 3 minutes; yes, they popped right off, no pain or discomfort. The sanding off of the leftover cement material was kind of unpleasant, but it went quickly as well.

When I was allowed to rinse -- wow! I could not believe that first look in the mirror! My teeth were amazing! I was not expecting huge changes, just hoping for straighter teeth on the upper arch to allow my crown to be re-done...

My teeth were gorgeous! Huge, white, straight, awesome symmetry.

I literally thought I was going to cry for a few moments...and I am a 43 year old guy! It was just one of those incredible moments...for the first time in almost 20 years I was not embarrassed by my smile!

At that moment, I realized that I had made the correct decision to go the distance, get the braces, and then have my crown replaced. Yes, my smile was enormouslly different than pre-braces. Amazing. It has been about 6 hours and I am still in shock that these are my teeth! Wow!

After the polishing and molds for my retainers (Hawley on top and bottom), I ran to my dentist for a check-up and cleaning. Even my dentist was blown away with how gorgeous my teeth turned out...it was very touching -- he was so excited that now we have the right environment to replace this horrible crown that has haunted me for 15 years!

After my cleaning, I made my appts for teeth whitening at my dentist's office...my first session is on Friday. Very excited.

Then, off to lunch to celebrate! Of course, ordered a glass of wine to go with my celebratory meal. Wow, it felt great to eat without being paranoid of having food stuck in my brackets...wow, relaxation!

After I finished, I ran to the restrooom to rinse (force of habit); when I got there, not a speck of food was stuck to my teeth...I felt foolish, but hey, it gave me one more opportunity to check out my new smile in the mirror! LOL

Wow, this is amazing!

So, for all of you who are thinking of getting braces or are currently braced and going through a rough patch -- hang in there! The results may be hidden under the brackets...but, wow....when they come off...you will be on cloud 9!

And, to anyone who is in the 40+ club....go for it! I will turn 44 very soon, and I feel like I have a whole new lease on life with a new smile!

Ah....naked....naked...naked.....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by BracesAt42 on Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yep, Braces at Age 42!
Damon 2's
Braces On: 9-18-2003
Braces Off: 7-13-2005

Jazziboo

#2 Post by Jazziboo »

Congrats!!!! I love reading stories like yours. I will be joining the club in 6 days that seem like forever. I don't think Tuesday will ever get here :( . I try to imagine how my teeth will look, but I am not very excited. Did you have the same feeling?
Jazziboo

Jetgirl

#3 Post by Jetgirl »

Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel! Just got mine off a couple weeks ago and I'm still in awe every time I look in the mirror!

Just a word of warning, the hawleys will be a little hard to get used to at first but not nearly as bad as you think. Just hang in there, and within a week you won't even notice.

A gorgeous, healthy smile is definitely a good investment!

Edited to add: I just read your previous post, and giggled! I think that makes it all the more joyous a feeling. So glad you were pleased with the results. It's really the little things that make it worth it.

My first meal I had ribs, corn on the cob, and as much caramel as I wanted when I got home. It was heaven!

Keep smiling!
Braces on: June 2003
Braces off: June 2005

Pictures of my braces journey

josephine

#4 Post by josephine »

How wonderful! Can we see photos? It's so good to know there's light at the end of the tunnel!

2hOtT2HaNdLe01

#5 Post by 2hOtT2HaNdLe01 »

congratulations!!! PICTURES PICTURES! :D :D
BRACED: March 16, 2005
DEBANDED: October 3, 2006

SW

#6 Post by SW »

Congrats! :)
STEPHANIE

iviolet32

#7 Post by iviolet32 »

Congrats to you :jump:

4 more weeks to go for me... and counting the days!
Violet

April

#8 Post by April »

Congratulations! You give us people who have only been braced for a short time some hope!

Pictures, please, we want to see that beautiful smile! :D
APRIL
Damon 3's on top, Damon 2's on bottom
braced May 18, 2005

HollyDontSpend

YEah!

#9 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Congratulations!!!!! :-)o :banana: :dance: I almost cried too, but I waited until I got in my car. HA! Congrats again!!!
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

HollyDontSpend

sorry

#10 Post by HollyDontSpend »

sorry! My computer hiccuped and I posted twice. :oops:
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

hannah164

#11 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations! Thats wonderful! Honestly I'm not even thinking about that day at all yet. I have at least 2 and half more years left!.

-Hannah

Braceface16

#12 Post by Braceface16 »

[quote="Jazziboo"]Congrats!!!! I love reading stories like yours. I will be joining the club in 6 days that seem like forever. I don't think Tuesday will ever get here :( . I try to imagine how my teeth will look, but I am not very excited. Did you have the same feeling?[/quote]

I will be joing the "naked tooth Club" In 6 days.. Today is tuesday night and I will be getting my braces removed ON monday. It seems like forever and i am scared of what the results will be but I am sure they will be good. I want my braces off soo bad. I am only 16 but feel like a 12 year old girl with braces.
~~**CaRoLiNe~~**

blaat

#13 Post by blaat »

Give us pictures!! haha! I'll be getting my off in a month or so, it's a bit of a downer that i've been scheduled to get my braces removed in december because i can't get to plan a appointment in this hectic month. So i'll have to wait till january and try to make two appointments on the same day, first with the ortho for removal and then the dentist for some cosmetic dentistry (replace a old piece of banding)
Uppers: Permanent retainer + hawley (night)
Lowers: Permanent retainer

Debanded since the 16th of Jan.