Essix Retainer costs

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

calley03

Essix Retainer costs

#1 Post by calley03 »

Just a question here my orthodontist uses clear essix retainers, I will have upper and lower, and a upper fixed retainer. Anyway, how often do you have to have the clear essix retainers replaced, and how much do they cost when they need to be replaced, I have been told I will wear mine at night forever. Anyone have any experience on how the upper fixed last, mine will just be between my two front upper teeth. Thanks!!
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

HollyDontSpend

replacement

#2 Post by HollyDontSpend »

I was told if I ever need to replace the retainer it'll cost me $150. I am hoping this sucker last until I get a well paying job. :lol:
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

dodi

Essex Retainers

#3 Post by dodi »

I have top and bottom Essex retainers - I was told $100 if I needed to replace them. This is NJ :roll:

Then my top one shattered, literally...

I had a new one made and he charged me $55 - the second one is a lot thicker than the old one. Lucky it's only for night time wear!