Celebrate With Me!!!! They are OFF

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Validone

Celebrate With Me!!!! They are OFF

#1 Post by Validone »

They are finally off!
I went in this morning 9:00 a.m. for debanding and it was exciting. The asst. came by and told me how I felt? I told her I could barely sleep last night. She adjusted my permanent retainer (bottom).

The ortho then came by and scanned my teeth, and he saw that they looked "so much better" after a frenectomy and many powerchains to close my gaps. He took my top and bottom brackets off in like "30 seconds" or less. Then he took the drill and filed my teeth of glue and immediately polished my teeth. After a few minutes of adjusting my bottom retainer he glued it on, and told me "congratulations"

The asst. took an impression and a mold for my uppers. She told me that I would have an invisble upper to be picked up today at 3:00p.m.
After the molds, she told me to brush my teeth and then come back in the afternoon. I went to the mirror and finally saw my teeth out of braces for the 1st time in 18 months. To say the least, it was what I expected nice straight teeth. An added bonus was that my teeth were all the same color and fairly white.

My wife and I had a staff party tonight, and I was just a smiling and comfortable talking with a "wide mouth". Praise the Lord for this great invention of "braces".

After 18 months of my teeth behind bars. I am free and I am satisfied with my results. I had a diastema (gap) in my front 2 teeth, and I had several gaps in the back. My wife tells me I have perfect teeth now(although I don't think they are "perfect") ,although I am very content. Here are several pics. Let me know what u think?

permanent bottom

with retainer in

without retainer
Last edited by Validone on Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nikkiekoala

#2 Post by Nikkiekoala »

WOW! Fantastic!! Congratulations!!!! Your teeth look beautiful.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

Validone

#3 Post by Validone »

Thanks for the compliment

Granola

#4 Post by Granola »

I'm so excited and happy for you.

Your teeth look fantastic! :-)o :jump:
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

joplin

#5 Post by joplin »

Great results, Validone, congratulations! They look quite perfect to me :)
Case: Impacted canines, crowding & crossbite.
Treatment: SARPE 2004/10/6, RPE 2004/9/28 - 2005/1/31, w-arch until 2005/11/22, impacted canines extracted 2005/5/18.
Braces on: top 2005/6/2, bottom 2005/8/30.
Braces off: 2008/6/9.
Retainers, phase one: expanding Hawley retainer 24/7, bonded retainers on top & bottom.
Retainers, phase two: Hawley on top, bonded both top & bottom, positioner for night time use.

dkt3

#6 Post by dkt3 »

They look amazing! well done!

johnnys_angel

#7 Post by johnnys_angel »

Congratulations, they look fantastic!!
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

hannah164

#8 Post by hannah164 »

Wow! you're teeth look awesome! Congratulations! What a perfect Christmas gift! Hope I get a result like that when I'm finally finished! :wink:

:-)o :rawk: :jump: :-88 :thumbsup: :dance: :banana:

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

asianflow

#9 Post by asianflow »

Congrats!! You're teeth look outstanding. I get my braces off in 2 days and you're teeth look a lot better than mine.

Did you get a goody bag?

Geri

#10 Post by Geri »

What a great set of gnashers! Congratulations V! :rawk:
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

Validone

#11 Post by Validone »

I have to wear my retainer practically all day. It fits very snug. I didn't get a goddie bag, but I got my own by being able to eat everything again. I am thinking of getting some whitening done over the next week. Any suggestions?

HollyDontSpend

cool

#12 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Your teeth look great! Congratulations!!! :-)o :-V :rawk: :-88 :jump:

As for whitening, I got some stuff from my ortho, but I bought some WhiteStrips too and liked the result. It's not as dramatic as the stuff I got at the ortho, but it still worked nicely for me. You can also look into getting professional whitening, or ask your dentist if he/she can maybe give you something from their office since dentist whitening gel is stronger than the stuff you can buy at the store. Good luck! Either way, your teeth look nice and pearly-white! :thumbsup:
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

debonairdenise

Awesome smile

#13 Post by debonairdenise »

Congratulations, you have a terrific smile. I can't wait until mine come off. I only have 20 months left...AAAHHH!!

Denise

bbsadmin

#14 Post by bbsadmin »

Looking great! Congrats!

:-88
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Miss Apio

#15 Post by Miss Apio »

they look great. mine no where near even going in yet. my consultation is on the 18th of Jan. I hop ei will be celebrating like you in the next 2 years maybe depending.

don't stop smiling they look amazing...