Before and After Pics...Couldn't be happier

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kayla

Before and After Pics...Couldn't be happier

#1 Post by Kayla »

I posted my before/after pics in the overall topic section but for those that don't look there, here's a link.

viewtopic.php?t=9342

BracesAt42

WOW! Congratulations!

#2 Post by BracesAt42 »

Wow, your new smile looks awesome!

Fantastic! I am so happy for you!

Gorgeous new smile! You are absolutely glowing in your after pic!

Time to go out, celebrate, and eat all your favorite foods!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your success story!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yep, Braces at Age 42!
Damon 2's
Braces On: 9-18-2003
Braces Off: 7-13-2005

johnnys_angel

#3 Post by johnnys_angel »

Your smile looks fantastic, you are so beautiful!! :D Congratulations!
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

tkais

#4 Post by tkais »

OMG! That is just wonderful! Now I can't wait to get mine off in about 5 months!
I'm really excited now!

BraceFace15

#5 Post by BraceFace15 »

Congrats on the new smile! 8) Lucky duck! :wink:

spragers

#6 Post by spragers »

That's a spectacular smile :) Remember your retainers and enjoy the rest of your brace-free life 8)

debonairdenise

Awesome Results

#7 Post by debonairdenise »

Wow!! Your smile looks FANTASTIC! :D

Kayla

#8 Post by Kayla »

Thanks everyone...I'm loving the new look.

:D

lianas

#9 Post by lianas »

your teeth sure look nice but i am wondering why he left all your molers in a class 2 position. The top teeth are supposto fit into the v of the bottom teeth. What does the other side look like. Orthodontically a class 1 position for the molers is a more stable bite. Since he never finished the molers did he charge full price. Will he retreat for no charge if they shift? Your teeth do look so nice but im wondering why nobody stated the obvious?

Kayla

#10 Post by Kayla »

My ortho wanted me to have surgery to move my jaw forward but I couldn't afford the surgery and insurance doesn't cover it. Yeah, I paid around $4500 for the braces and the results are as you see them. There is nothing additional that they are doing.

What else could he have done to move my bite besides jaw surgery? That is just how my teeth fit and my jaw falls when I bite down.

Chris

#11 Post by Chris »

your teeth sure look nice but i am wondering why he left all your molers in a class 2 position. The top teeth are supposto fit into the v of the bottom teeth. What does the other side look like. Orthodontically a class 1 position for the molers is a more stable bite. Since he never finished the molers did he charge full price. Will he retreat for no charge if they shift? Your teeth do look so nice but im wondering why nobody stated the obvious?
Sometimes you just can't get that perfect alignment, especially without extractions. I have perfect on one side only and the other side will not be aligned because I have missing bottom molars and we can't get the anchorage to move the top teeth over. I'm hoping with my new crowns or bridge that my bite will be better but that canine will also go right on top of the bottom tooth.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007